Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Search for app

Options
  • 03-02-2012 2:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

I am searching for an app and am hoping someone can give me directions, I hope i am posting this in the right place.
    I want some type of clock in system or check-in system which would allow particular vulnerable people to check in with me before a particular time each day and warn me if they fail to do so, then i can then check on them.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,564 ✭✭✭frash

How do you see the vulnerable person contacting you?

Smartphone? text? phone call?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

check in app or a tracking app ??? loads of them around

are you sure you want to find this type of app or are you bouncing an idea out there ??

(I'm very sceptical about people looking for "advice" when they really mean they have an idea and are too lazy/unwilling to search properly to find if the concept exists already or not)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Funny Funny

Preferably by phone but text or smart phone would probably work too.

I hope the concept does exist, i have searched but so far could not find what im lookin for. To b honest i dont really know what to search for so thought someone here might b able to help.
    What was suggested to me is that these 20 or so vulnerable people make phone contact every morning with my office to report they ar ok, the person in the office checks their name off a list. If by a certain time a vulnerable person has not made contact someone is sent to check on them. However my problem is that if the person in the office gets 20 calls every morning she or he may not notice the morning only 19 call in as it a busy office, so i want to reduce the chance of human error and thought there mighb an ap out there that would help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

sounds like you need a good old fashioned spreadsheet tbh.
    use google docs to set up a privately shared one.

dates along the top, names along the left
    as they call in, office person checks them off.
    you check the spreadhseet at whatever time and see who is in etc

Was hoping for something a bit more em, human error proof than a spread sheet but it might have to do. Thanks folks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,564 ✭✭✭frash

You need something like this I think.
    http://www.appbrain.com/app/bizlog-pro-call-logging-app/com.ar_apps.bizlogpro

Don't know if it will alarm you about a missing call but all calls received can be exported to the PC software so it might be useable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

cant you set a daily reminder alert for yourself to check on this vunerable person? im assuming its an elderly family member that probably needs medical care on a daily basis.

Thanks Frash will try that!
    Nothingbetter2d Its not a family member and its not as simple as checking in on one person, its approx 20 people who would all be checking in with my office at various times, with various people answering the phone in the office and a load of other stuff going on in the office at the same time. I'm afraid staff wouldnt notice if one of the people didnt ring in on a particular morning.
    They are not elderly people, and would be computer and smartphone literate, its a security vulnerability.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

trying to think about your requirements here, im a bit unclear what you want.

is the app for the people in the office who will receive the calls, or for the people calling in.
    will it be in addition to a call or will it be a replacement for calling

im thinking along the lines of an app that automatically logs calls or texts to a shared calendar that you can view on your phone.

for example, you could purhcase one android for the office, leave it plugged in permanently and hidden away. each person calls the android phone in the morning which then adds the persons name and the call time to the calendar. you can check the calendar on your own phone or laptop to see who has called in.

Advertisement