Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

White pigeon?

Options
  • 02-02-2012 10:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭

There is a bird on my roof all evening it looks very much like a pigeon and is snow white. Just wondering if you think it's a pigeon and if so would it be a racing pigeon maybe lost?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

Is it ringed?
    and is probably some kind of domestic pigeon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭donalg1

Mothman wrote: »
    Is it ringed?
    and is probably some kind of domestic pigeon

Thanks can't really tell if it's ringed or not where it is on the roof. Do you think it would be ok up there and will get home itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭V Bull

A friend of mine kept pigeons when we were kids. Some of them were pure white and called "fantails"....

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Weylin

it might be a bird called a" collared dove" very similar to pigeons !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭donalg1

Thanks,

It was still there this morning, when I went outside it flew away but I was back outside a minute later and noticed another one on the roof, not sure if the same one came back or were there two there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

I often see all and part white pigeons around the place. There are a fair few pigeon men around my area so that could be it.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭siledee

This sounds like a racing pigeon and I had the same thing happen a few months ago but I was able to see that it was ringed.

It hung around for days. Eventually I googled for pigeon clubs and got a very nice man from my nearest club to come check.

He rattled a few grains in a tin and hey presto it was caught. Took all of two minutes.

He was able to tell me that it was underweight and thin. There was a phone no. marked under the wing and it was reunited with its owner who was from Clones while I live near Derry.

Think you need to do something..I would be afraid of cats.

Advertisement