Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Could Adrien Broner develop into the new Mayweather?

Options
  • 02-02-2012 9:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 759 ✭✭✭

Adrien Broner

Young, fast, powerful, cocky, good boxing ability, good feet...

He obviously looks up to mayweather and imitates his style...

He's beaten good opposition in Litzau and De Leon...

he's young and he's a champion.....

I think given another 2 years he could be a top p4p fighter...

What do you think?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭The Prodigy 2

Undefeated, talented. defends his title for the first time against an undefeated mexican Eloy Perez on the 25th must tune in and watch !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭Henno30

He tries his hardest to look like him anyway. Definitely a good prospect but time will tell. Himself and Gary Russell Jr look like two of the best american prospects around those weights.

What kind of a fight will Eloy Perez bring?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭colly10

I prefer Gary Russell from the 2 but Broner certainly has great potential. Definitely looking forward to seeing how these 2 turn out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Spazdarn

He ate far too many jabs against Ponce De Leon to be the next Mayweather, does seem to model his style on Mayweather, he does have a hell of a lot going for him, bit of a character too which should help him stand out from the rest.

Gary Russell Jr. very exciting to watch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 759 ✭✭✭tryingmybestt

yeah broner is a great prospect but he has time....mayweather near his peak at that age so given a few more years i could see him really develop into a top fighter

de leon was a tough fight for someone so young and relatively inexperienced....plus de leon is one of the best p4p hardest hitters of the current crop so not a bad scalp and proved he had a good chin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,165 ✭✭✭✭walshb

colly10 wrote: »
    I prefer Gary Russell from the 2 but Broner certainly has great potential. Definitely looking forward to seeing how these 2 turn out

The fights I have seen he has really impressed me too. Beautiful fluidity to his punching and movement.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Gary Russell Jr,

Look at the speed of the combination at the end!

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭The Prodigy 2

Henno30 wrote: »
    What kind of a fight will Eloy Perez bring?

Don't have a clue. just searched his wiki

• Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭Wild_Dogger

Eloy is 9/1 or so ..........

Worth a punt .

Broner is very good though

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭gilmour

The mid round jive tonight actually made me laugh out loud. What a boxer, and yes he is definitely looking like the clone of Mayweather at this time. He impresses me every time i see him but its time he moved up.

• Advertisement

Great performance by Broner

He looks as good as Mayweather was at that stage and probably with more power

He obviously copies Floyd but he has the skills to back it up

Great potential to be a future top p4p star I think

Also has a bit of flair in terms of cockiness etc.

http://youtu.be/VnBKHM-_8O4

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭gene_tunney

Great performance by Broner

He looks as good as Mayweather was at that stage and probably with more power

He obviously copies Floyd but he has the skills to back it up

Great potential to be a future top p4p star I think

Also has a bit of flair in terms of cockiness etc.

http://youtu.be/VnBKHM-_8O4

I don't think he looks anywhere near as good as a young Mayweather.

I don't think he looks anywhere near as good as a young Mayweather.

i think he definitely does

he has the speed, reflexes, bit more power imo

he has the skills....mayweather wasn't as good at 22 as he was at 30....his skills weren't as developed

i think broner could be top notch in 3 or 4 years

also he has the personality to be a star

i think he definitely does

he has the speed, reflexes, bit more power imo

he has the skills....mayweather wasn't as good at 22 as he was at 30....his skills weren't as developed

i think broner could be top notch in 3 or 4 years

also he has the personality to be a star

He has the personality to be a giant pain in the arse.

Defence is nowhere near Mayweather's. Yeah,he could do well, but he'll never be P4P #1 like Floyd IMO.

He has the personality to be a giant pain in the arse.

Defence is nowhere near Mayweather's. Yeah,he could do well, but he'll never be P4P #1 like Floyd IMO.

exactly and giant pains in the arse like mayweather mean controversy, interest and BIG PPV numbers

His defence and reflexes are excellent, sure he didn't get hit

Mayweathers defence wasn't as refined at 22 as it was later in his career

exactly and giant pains in the arse like mayweather mean controversy, interest and BIG PPV numbers

His defence and reflexes are excellent, sure he didn't get hit

Mayweathers defence wasn't as refined at 22 as it was later in his career

Time will tell I suppose. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭rebelomar

The guy looks top notch imo...He's blasted out some highly ranked fighters at his current weight. He's done all he can do thus far and has been very impressive in doing so! He's great to watch and seems to hit really hard. Im def a bigg fan already. Who would people like to see him in with??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭megadodge

Have to say the bits I've seen of Broner, he looks very good.
    I'm going to reserve judgement for a while, at least until he faces some serious opposition.
    I'd like to see him and Gamboa get it on.

megadodge wrote: »
    Have to say the bits I've seen of Broner, he looks very good.
    I'm going to reserve judgement for a while, at least until he faces some serious opposition.
    I'd like to see him and Gamboa get it on.

Gamboa is fighting Rios which should be a good fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭Henno30

Broner will get hit more than Mayweather ever did. Looked good though. Big advantage in handspeed and power. Will be interesting to see him again against a genuine world class opponent. Think he might have to look to 135 to find one though, or else get someone to step up from featherweight. Rios and Gamboa would both have been interesting opponents for him. Still pretty young though so he might be happy enough to beat lesser opposition for the time being.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭megadodge

Gamboa is fighting Rios which should be a good fight.

I know and am really looking forward to it, but I'd still like to see Broner/Gamboa.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Spazdarn

megadodge wrote: »
    I know and am really looking forward to it, but I'd still like to see Broner/Gamboa.

Gary Russell Jr. continues to progress well and he's another name to throw into the mix.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,165 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Broner looked two weights bigger than that guy. He's a carbon copy of Floyd, anyway, I found him a wee bit boring.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭Wild_Dogger

i dont like watching that style of fighter , even if it is an effective technique.

Berto is the best shoulder roller to watch

Advertisement