Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loads of problems in Rathmines Square

Options
  • 02-02-2012 7:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

I wouldn't advise on living here, 1 in 4 apts have been burgled. There has been a lot of problems here and nothing has been done.
    The residents had to form a residents group to complain to the management company so far all they have done is to fix the garbage room.

I am counting down the days to when my lease is up.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Smiley21

1 in 4 apts have been burgled.

Also all the apts were put up for rent in May 2010 so the next time there was apts for rent here was May 2011.

Don't worry about getting an apt here in 2012 as all the neighbors that I know are leaving in May 2012, so there will be a lot up for rent.

Starting at over 1k for a one bed apt, which is too much considering all the things that break and take weeks (some case's months) to fix by a very lax management company.

But I wouldn't wish this place on my worst enemy.

1 in 4 apts have been burgled.

I am currently living in Rathmines Square but there are so many problems here and nothing is being done.

You can hear the music from the gym class's and even though I know most of my neighbors have complained to Swan Leisure the music goes down for a few weeks then its right back up back to a high volume.

In one of the apt blocks there is grease leaking down in the lift and all that is being done is that the cleaners clean all the grease off the floor once a week.

There was a broken bottle in the hall for over a week before it was cleaned, also there is often food left in the hallways left over from a night out and the cleaners don't clean it up.

The garbage room is often so full you can't actually get in to the room!

Anyone considering on living here do your research and when you come to see around the apts ask residents how safe they feel living here. Nobody does feel safe as there is a lot of break ins (1 in 4 apts have been burgled.)

• Registered Users Posts: 78,278 ✭✭✭✭Victor

No need to post multiple times, across several threads on the same topic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭odds_on

Victor wrote: »

It was just a rant. Not a question was asked.

If you are unhappy with the apartment do not renew your lease.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,981 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Its informative. I'm looking to move into the general area and was looking at those apartments(two penthouses came up recently). I decided against it as I'm going to be doing shift work and need a quiet area during the daytime. I'm glad my concerns over the gym noise have been realised.

• Advertisement

Victor wrote: »

Hi Victor, can you delete the first 2 posts as they are just repeating. I can't delete them myself.

Thanks

Hi Cuddlesworth, thanks for your post. I want to inform people as I wish someone had warned me that so many break-ins had happened as my apt was also broken into and everything worth any money was taken.

I want people that are moving in to be informed.

odds_on wrote: »
    It was just a rant. Not a question was asked.

If you are unhappy with the apartment do not renew your lease.

Thanks for the advice Im not renewing my lease.

I posted here as when I move I do some research on the place I move into and I felt that if I posted here at least the person would know that 1 in 4 apts (out of 46 apts) have been broken into.

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭shangri la

What is the rent out that way? 1k a month for a 1 bed is fairly steep.

did they get in a window or break the door?

Advertisement