Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bjj Gi

Options
  • 02-02-2012 7:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭

Im starting bjj next week with the gi and ive been going through site after site after site trying to find out what is the best gi to buy and what weaves are the best and all that.

I have a friend i get stuff off over in the far east and he has sent me over one that is a pearl weave, its a really stiff jacket and the fit on the legs (canvas pants) is about 2 1/2 inchs to short and the sleeves on the jacket are about 1 1/2 inch short off my wrist its an A2, im 5 ft 9 and i weigh 88kg

Basically my head is melted with what way its meant to look like on and how it feels, can anyone give me any advice

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭EnjoyChoke

It's the least of your worries. Get a cheapish one that fits you, sounds like you should be A3, and just train. It honestly won't make any measurable difference at your level.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Clive

It's just a gi, it doesn't matter if it's too short unless you're going into a big competition. If you're still training in six months you can get recommendations from your instructor and team-mates and try a few of theirs on to see which you like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

What the two lads said above.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,904 ✭✭✭cletus

koral-urban-camo-gi.jpg

happykiminos.jpg

Either of the above would be considered standard apparel for a beginner in bjj

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭00benski

Ok lads thanks, but im still none the wiser haha. You see i can get my hands on any type weave so was just wondering what people found most comfortable also :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

A light gi would be your best bet.

The heavier weaves were recommended to me for competition, as the light gi's are easier to manipulate (and choke you with!).

I have one light gi and two gold weave.

Advertisement