Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

old stanley cooker not firing

Options
  • 02-02-2012 6:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

my stanley oil cooker in the kitchen is not working, called a guy in to have a look at it(as i thought we had run out of oil and it needed to be bled) and he took off the grill at the bottom and had a brief poke around pressed the button a few times and said it needed a new burner, looking at 600 upwards but couldnt give me a definte quote till he opened the cooker up.Should i get a second opinon? is there any options when replacing a burner? ie. can you get it repaired/reconditioned rather than replaced?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Billy Bunting

I presume it has a Minor1 burner fitted, quite servicable although could be expensive if needing a lot of parts, experience tells me it would be something simple.
    I would definetly get at least a second opinion, i don't see how removing the cover and pushing the reset can diagnose the need to replace the burner. :cool::cool:

Advertisement