Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battery Calibration App - Destroying my life

Options
  • 02-02-2012 1:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭

Well, that's obviously a massive over statement but you know the way a small niggle can become so annoying it's beyond a joke? Well that's where I'm at with https://market.android.com/details?id=com.nema.batterycalibration&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsImNvbS5uZW1hLmJhdHRlcnljYWxpYnJhdGlvbiJd

I downloaded and used it last time I flashed a ROM and it was all hunky dory except I accidentally clicked the "beep if charged to 100%" button and no matter how many times I toggle it off it simply won't stop beeping when the phone reaches 100%. I even uninstalled the app, did a battery pull and re-booted the phone only to find out to my horror (at 3am) that when the phone reaches 100% it still beeps or vibrates if the phone is on silent!!! Unbelievable. It's wrecking my nights sleep, and more importantly my wifes sleep.

I'm now resigned to leaving the phone charging in the living room but I miss not being able to switch it on and check what's going on in the world, check emails etc before getting out of bed in the morning.

Can anyone on here recommend a way to get rid of the beep? I'm thinking it must be possible to delete the specific sound file it uses??

If no solution is forthcoming I guess I'll have to do a full wipe and install a new ROM but I REALLY REALLY don't want to do that at the moment.

HELP????

Ben

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

My phone (S2) beeps at 100% and I don't have a battery app installed. I think it's a built in function.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

Yep my sgs2 did that as well with the stock rom. Woke me up a few times too :mad: I am running some custom rom now that doesn't do it.

Easy solution: https://market.android.com/details?id=cz.psencik.simple.silencer&hl=en Special app to make it shut up (setting to silence won't work).

More complex solution: Install a custom rom that is not based on a samsung rom. Can't remember what I'm running... Will hopefully install cm9 ics when it's stable.

There should be a special award to the genius Samsung engineer that came up with this "feature".

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭omniscient_toad

It's the same for me (lg optimus 2x) , I've used that battery calibrator but my phone also beeped when fully charged by default. I disabled that within the first week as like you it drove me nuts repeatedly being "beeped" into consciousness at 2 in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,462 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

On a related note, battery calibration does nothing for your phone or battery life (straight from the mouth of an Android Framework engineer).

http://tweakmydevice.com/2012/01/no-need-to-calibrate-android-battery/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

Have you got root ?
    The said file is in /system/media/ somewhere and can be renamed so as not to go off.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

Thanks all. I'll try the easy app first. The XDA solution looks like its above my pay grade!!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,176 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

What about plugging headphones into it at night?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Sup_Ben?

What about plugging headphones into it at night?

Clever idea all right. The app referenced above seems to be doing the trick though. :D

Ben

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭Washout

theres an app called silent sleep.

puts your phone into silent mode during the hours you select for it.

my phone makes so many noises from telling me that it has been a while since I drank water to email and the battery at 100% noise. it makes this app a life saver for me at night time

• Advertisement
Advertisement