Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kaspersky IS 2012

Options
  • 02-02-2012 12:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭

Hey folks,

Is anyone else having an issue with Kaspersky Internet Security 2012 with regards to databases? Was fine since installed last Dec but today 3 times its telling me the licence has limitations and it can't update due to that. I bought this in s sealed package so don't know what the problem is. Its not a trial version either.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,223 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Currently use KIS2012 for Windows 7. Only problem occurred when using FF10.0, which resulted in extensions disabled for 12.0.0.449 URL Adviser and Virtual Keyboard. Other than that, no other probs.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

Yeah, I had the exact same problem. I had about 50 days left and it started telling me the licence expired. When I looked into it it said that it cannot read the licence info and that it had something to do with corrupt databases and to try to update. Then it told me there were no updates, so I just uninstalled it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭cursai

Microsoft Internet Security

Cant be beaten as its free and works just as well.

cursai wrote: »
    Microsoft Internet Security

Cant be beaten as its free and works just as well.

It works ok, hardly as good as Kaspersky though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Gareth2011

GarIT wrote: »
    Yeah, I had the exact same problem. I had about 50 days left and it started telling me the licence expired. When I looked into it it said that it cannot read the licence info and that it had something to do with corrupt databases and to try to update. Then it told me there were no updates, so I just uninstalled it.

I exited mine and rebooted the pc twice and its been fine ever since. I think there was a problem with the actual kaspersky HQ or something because even when you clicked on their site for support it wouldn't load. When The thing with my licence was fine it loaded the support pages no bother. Have you any remaining days you can reinstall it?

• Advertisement

Il also mention Ive used AVG free, norton and Kaspersky is by far the best. Granted it uses alot of resources but id rather that than norton that is crap since it let a sh*t load on viruses onto the wifes laptop and then we had to pay a norton technician to clean the viruses off it that their software didn't stop in the first place :mad: Didn.t pay norton anything I just wiped the drive clean and it was grand then. Lost everything tho:(.

Gareth2011 wrote: »
    I exited mine and rebooted the pc twice and its been fine ever since. I think there was a problem with the actual kaspersky HQ or something because even when you clicked on their site for support it wouldn't load. When The thing with my licence was fine it loaded the support pages no bother. Have you any remaining days you can reinstall it?

Yeah, it was only about 5 days ago so I've atleast 40 left, I didn't bother though, I just use Panda Cloud, Malwarebytes Pro, Comodo Firewall, Panda URL Filter and Norton DNS.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭TANGLEWOOD

I bought 2 year licence from Software for Students last year and it is now expiring. When I put in the activation code again for this year it say it has expired. Anybody know how to get it up and running for this year?

Try these 2 the 2nd link looks like your problem. Good luck let us know how you get on :).

http://support.kaspersky.com/kis2012/license?qid=208280087

http://support.kaspersky.com/kis2012/license?qid=208284669

Advertisement