Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a drummer to start a folk punk band (Dublin)

Options
  • 02-02-2012 12:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

We're looking for a drummer for our folk-punk band. Influences along the lines of the Pogues, the tossers, the dreadnoughts, etc, though we may eventually expand to include stuff outside of Irish music based folk punk (i.e. Gogol Bordello). We're currently a guitarist, a mandolinist, and a tin whistle player, though we'll include bass, and may include accordion, fiddle, and possibly some kind of brass. Anyone interested? We're currently playing about once a week in central Dublin.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

We're looking for a drummer for our folk-punk band. Influences along the lines of the Pogues, the tossers, the dreadnoughts, etc, though we may eventually expand to include stuff outside of Irish music based folk punk (i.e. Gogol Bordello). We're currently a guitarist, a mandolinist, and a tin whistle player, though we'll include bass, and may include accordion, fiddle, and possibly some kind of brass. Anyone interested? We're currently playing about once a week in central Dublin.

Hit me up when you're looking for a bassist. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 hubas

Hey, are looking for a drummer?Do you have any tracks?I would like to listen your band....I am interested for your band. Sorry for my english, i am from Czech. I am looking for a band from abroad....cheers for your answer on hubassmalkez@seznam.cz

• Registered Users Posts: 6 pennyknuckle

We've just put ourselves together and have yet to record anything. But if you wanna come try playing with us sometime, you're more than welcome !

We've just put ourselves together and have yet to record anything. But if you wanna come try playing with us sometime, you're more than welcome !
    oh, that´s a pity, for me will be better to listen your tracks and than come, but if you have not any tracks, pity, ok dont worry...take care

• Registered Users Posts: 6 pennyknuckle

I should also mention we're 18, 18, 22 and are starting with covers to get our act together a bit, but will move on to originals in fairly short order.

• Advertisement

Fine and what covers. I like The Rumjacks, Dropkick Murphys, Firkin!I am 29 and I play something about 12years on drums....I can come to you, but it have to be very important from your side about play with your band, you know. I looking for professional band.
    take care

Advertisement