Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

transition year - france

Options
  • 02-02-2012 8:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭

has anyone experience of traveling to france during school term iin transition year - i am trying to persuade my daughther to attend a school there for a few weeks to get a head start on her french for leaving cert, not much being done in transition year at school. would love to hear from anyone who has done same. thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭rorrissey

My school did a French Exchange programme, so I got to spend a week in Vernon, went to school 2 days and the rest of the days we went sight seeing in Paris. Would have been delighted to spend more time there! I'd love to go to school there, the French are a lot more mature than Irish kids. The school was amazing and the teachers were lovely! I bet she'd love it, it wold be a cool experience!

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭factnee

I went for four weeks in April/May. Spent two weeks in school and two weeks on holiday with my French partner as he was off school for two weeks for Easter. Had a brilliant time and learned loads of French. Details are on this website: www.irishstudentexchange.com. Very well organised and very reasonable also.

Advertisement