Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car rental on 9-month licence in Spain/Portugal?

Options
  • 02-02-2012 3:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭

I'm hoping to fly to either Seville or Faro, drive to a friend's house (the public transport isn't great) and then drive to Tarifa to get the ferry to Morocco.

I got my full license in August 2011, and hoping to travel in April 2012, which means I'll have had it 9 months.

Some of the websites don't mention it, and the ones that do, say you have to have had your license one or two years.

Does anyone know if there is a company that will take my 9 month license, or would I get away with it on a company that wants it a year? Are the strict on that sort of thing in Spain and Portugal?

Also, if anyone has made this trip, advice appreciated. :)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,222 ✭✭✭keithclancy

I'm hoping to fly to either Seville or Faro, drive to a friend's house (the public transport isn't great) and then drive to Tarifa to get the ferry to Morocco.

I got my full license in August 2011, and hoping to travel in April 2012, which means I'll have had it 9 months.

Some of the websites don't mention it, and the ones that do, say you have to have had your license one or two years.

Does anyone know if there is a company that will take my 9 month license, or would I get away with it on a company that wants it a year? Are the strict on that sort of thing in Spain and Portugal?

Also, if anyone has made this trip, advice appreciated. :)

With all the big ones, Hertz,Sixt,Europcar,Avis, Budget etc its always 1 year minimum.

2 Years for some.

Wouldn't chance it, tried that years ago and ended up getting the bus from the Airport. :D

AFAIK the requirement is there from the Insurance underwriters for the rental companies, not really a requirement that they set themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭NeVeR

Also a lot state you have to be over 25 ( just saying in case )

Advertisement