Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick school of art and design- portfolio!?

Options
  • 01-02-2012 11:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi all,

I've applied to Limerick school of art and design and I' really stressing out about the whole portfolio thing. Theres a few things i'd love to know if anyone can help!

> Firstly, what date is it usually held? I still haven't recieved a confirmation letter and Im scared Im running out of time!:confused:
    > Second, What is the standard of the portfolios? I assume high but if anyone has any examples of their work and what it scored Id really appreciate that.
    > And finally, I know the portfolio is out of 600 and then added onto your L.C results but I only got 325 points. Does that put me at a major disadvantage??

Sorry about such a long winded question but any help would be greatly appreciated :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16 demon1

Hi Alm.91
    Its quite a number of years since I done that interview, but if memory serves me correct you should still have a few months, but you might want to ring the collage directly.
    Secondly the standard would be high of course, life drawing is always important focus of human studies more than still life's. Show a broad range of interests Photography, ceramics, painting etc

And yes the 600 points for the portfolio is added to your leaving cert points so a good portfolio can make up for any perceived deficit in you leaving ( I had very similar leaving points)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭Seanergy

Hi Alm.91

So did ya ring the college? Must be getting close now to Interview date. No worries with your 325 points, if they like you they tend to mark high to make sure you get in.

How is your portfolio looking?

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭Naomi00

I'd say they've done the interview. The portfolio assessment was in March, I think the interviews are around the same time, might be wrong though.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,819 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Well the question was asked in February.

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭Naomi00

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Well the question was asked in February.

:confused:

I'm just replying to the other post, since I did the same portfolio and the OP never posted back maybe it would answer that. They probably didn't realise it's over already.

• Advertisement
Advertisement