Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 piece door

Options
  • 01-02-2012 9:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi.
    We recently bought a '99 Hymer 544. We're happy with it so far and looking forward to better weather to try it out properly.
    I want to make a few improvements to it.
    I don't like the 2 piece habitation door and was thinking of joining the 2 parts to make a one piece door. I would use a piece of stainless steel, sealed and screwed on the outside. What's the consensus on this idea. Am I mad to think of changing it.
    Does anyone on here have a secondhand set of thermal blinds for the 544 to sell?

Maurice G.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭aerosol

I have the same van and really like the two piece door.What don't you like about it? Personally I wouldn't be doing anything that drastic to my van just for reselling at some stage

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭karmaan

Maurice G wrote: »
    Hi.
    We recently bought a '99 Hymer 544. We're happy with it so far and looking forward to better weather to try it out properly.
    I want to make a few improvements to it.
    I don't like the 2 piece habitation door and was thinking of joining the 2 parts to make a one piece door. I would use a piece of stainless steel, sealed and screwed on the outside. What's the consensus on this idea. Am I mad to think of changing it.
    Does anyone on here have a secondhand set of thermal blinds for the 544 to sell?

Maurice G.
    i have a 584, i would couple the doors from the inside,maybe a alu plate screwed to the frame of both doors,dont think it would look good on the outside

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Maurice G

I was looking at the door this evening. I think yours is an great idea. I'll try a couple of strips of stainless steel and screw the strips to door edges.
    Thanks.

By the way has anyone fitted a second leisure battery to the 544. Any suggestions as to location of second battery?

Advertisement