Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Harry Potter Table Quiz in Dublin on 8th of Feb.

Options
  • 01-02-2012 5:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

Sorry to post a bit of random PR, but hopefully it's something that'll interest any avid HP fans out there!

Anyway, Trinity's Ultimate Frisbee club are hosting a Harry Potter Table Quiz
    on Wednesday the 8th of Feb.
    Where: D2, Harcourt Street
    How much: €5 per person, max 6 per table

[blurb]Are you a knowledgeable muggle? Do you know your Gillyweed from Gurdyroots? How about how to fight a Basilisk? Can you appreciate the difference between a Nimbus 2000 and a Firebolt? Can you name some of Ginny Weasley's many boyfriends (there are quite a few!)?

If so, make sure you make your way to D2 on the 8th of Feb![/blurb]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

Is this for Charity? or what is it in aid of?

Sounds tempting though!

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭gearoidof

Hey Cath,

It's a fundraiser for Trinity's Ultimate Frisbee club.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

I'd LOVE to go to this :o What time is it at? Anyone else interested? Hermione??

If you don't have anyone's team to be on, I'd say you may be able to find a team to jump aboard on the night. that's what I always do!
    (but no promises it'll work out, it just has every year so far)

Hmmm I may be able to find a couple of people to come along :)

Also, what time is it please?

• Advertisement

7:30 kick off, here's a link to the facebook event with more details.
    https://www.facebook.com/events/342328615791522/

Cheers :)

Quiz was brilliant, really well-run and a great night. Questions were tough, real true-HP fan stuff :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

Glad it went well!

Post up any questions you remember :D

Any picture rounds? I love picture rounds! We should have a Harry Potter quiz thread

No there were no picture rounds! I thought I was a HP nerd but I was completely inadequate on my team :o The winning team only got 2 wrong in the whole quiz, unbelievable! We came 2nd, so happy enough with that :D

Here's a few I remember:

How many horcruxes were destroyed by basilisk venom?
    Name the 3 chasers on the Irish Quidditch team.
    What is Mrs Weasley's maiden name?
    Who lent Arthur Weasley the tents for the Quidditch World Cup?
    Who is Bill Weasley's sister-in-law?
    What is the incantation that Professor McGonagall used to make the statues move in the battle of Hogwarts?
    Which character's first line in the books was "Nearly"?
    Where do Vanished objects go?
    In what year did Dumbledore defeat Grindelwald?
    How many people did Voldemort kill in Little Hangleton?
    Who did Voldemort kill to get the Locket of Slytherin and Helga Hufflepuff's Cup?
    What Quidditch team does Cho Chang support?
    What was Buckbeak remaned to deceive the Ministry?
    Name three workers in the Department of Mysteries.
    Who said "If there's something I hate more than any other, it's a Death Eater who walked free?"
    What curse did Crabbe use in the Room of Requirement during the Battle of Hogwarts?
    What three wizards were duelling with Voldemort in the Great Hall before Harry revealed himself from under the Invisibility Cloak?
    What Quidditch team did Ludo Bagman play for?
    Who was the Slytherin Quidditch captain in Harry's first year?
    How many times did Gryffindor win the Quidditch Cup while Harry attended Hogwarts?

I'll try think of more later :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement