Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Retainer question

Options
  • 01-02-2012 4:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭

I had braces on for nearly 3 years. when i got them off, i had a bonded retainer fitted to the back of my top and bottom teeth but i also had to wear the removable retainer for a year or so after wards.

I stopped wearing it in December as i had a really bad toothache and eventually had to get root canal so i went to put my retainer in the other night and it does not fit anymore and there is no hope of me wearing, it wont even go over my front teeth. I tried soaking it in warm water to loosen it and i still cant get it on.

My orthodontist has retired and i my dentist said just to stop wearing it all together.

Can anybody recommend an orthodontist who might loosen my retainer for me?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭abbey2000

i have a retainer to, i wear it most nights. it sounds to me like you will
    need a new retainer...not wearing it means that your teeth might have moved a bit (hopefully not much).

Advertisement