Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barcraft Venue - Found

Options
  • 01-02-2012 4:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭

Ok guys, i asked in the Grand Social about hosting a barcraft event. It's the same place we're meeting up at before the LAN. Quite a central location.

Luckily when i went in, i got both the venue manager and the event organiser at the same time. They're be happy to host an event on any monday, tuesday or wednesday. They have a projecter and screen which they use to stream live gigs from the net, he says they run lag free.

What i'd like some people to do for me is to make a list of all the major tournaments or sc2 events that are run on a monday tuesday or wednesday between the hours of 5pm and 12pm over the next couple months, we can then choose the best one that suits the most people.

We'll have a fairly cosy spot to view the screen, with a small bar right next to us.

Once i have a date and time, i can book it and then, barcraft.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

asre there any tournaments that run monday/tuesday/wednesday?

maybe some of the nasl/ipl broadcasts.. but they tend to start pretty late our time

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭gearoidof

Check out the Woolshed, they're open to these things as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

All the barcraft-y tourneys are on weekends.

The woolshed is a good call, as they have seperate feeds for all their TVs so taking one to show something seperate wouldnt be a problem if they agreed.

The only problem is that its pretty much THE minority/alternative/ex-pat sports venue in dublin which would mean theres probably always something on. But you'd never know.

actually iem sao paulo next week starts monday and runs through the week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 DivaGamer

Hey guys,

Just wanted to let you know that following the success of the Barcrafts held at Captain Americas in Cork, it looks like Captain Americas may be happy to host events for you in Dublin - they just posted an advertisement about it on their Facebook Wall - here.

Hopefully you'll get the support you need with Captain Americas - I hope the events take off well!

Joe
    Cork Barcrafts
    www.CorkBarcrafts.info

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

midnight, midnight, midnight

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Valentines Day (Tuesday) may put some blocks on some people getting to this event

the mlg winter arena is on the 24th, 25th, 26th and I think it starts at 2pmEST which is around 7pm our time, pretty good times for a barcraft

it's also pay per view, which might be the perfect event to organise a barcraft for. 10 people might not be willing to pay 20 each, but 2 euro each for the weekend is alot more affordable

"The broadcast will air live– Friday, 2/24 – 5:30pm – midnight ET, Saturday, 2/25 – 1:30pm – 10:00pm ET, Sunday, 2/26 – 1:30pm-8pm ET"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Xios

I'll ask about the 26th in the grand social, If i can get a decent amount of people to show up. 25+ then i'm sure i could convince them to give us the evening. But as i've said before, they want to test the idea first.

Can someone try the woolshed? I won't have time to go in and ask this week, and since this event is only 10 days away, we need to act fast.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 Pombo

Any news on this? I'd love to attend a barcraft in Ireland but I can't go to cork this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Xios

Pombo wrote: »
    Any news on this? I'd love to attend a barcraft in Ireland but I can't go to cork this weekend.

Kinda got distracted by the lan and a girl. So em, i'll email them now. I doubt they'll give us the grand social for a sunday, but the woolshed might.

Advertisement