Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marc "Crafty Dog" Denny - Ireland

Options
  • 01-02-2012 9:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭

Hi Guys.
    Just to let anyone who interested that all long last after a few years of trying to get it organised, Marc "Crafty Dog" Denny of the Dog Brothers will be visiting our club in April for 3 special evening workshops from Tues 24th - Thurs 26th. Each workshop will be 3 hours long and there be a limited number of places available outside of our club members. This is first time Marc visit Ireland and will be a great experience for all who attend. If you interested in attending please let me know or PM me. Cheers.

Liam

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭silat liam

Just got the core of what Marc Denny will be teaching at his 3 Dublin Seminars. Each workshop will start at 6.30pm and finish around 9.45 (with 15 min Break). Due to nature of training, the core subjects will be expanded in different area to the needs of the students that evening.

Evening One: Tues 24th Apr : Knife
    Die Less Often (the interface of Gun, Knife, Empty Hand)
    Pre-assault Cues,
    The Kali Fence (CQ and mobile),
    Initiation/interception and reaction ("the dog catcher" for anti-knife)
    Evening Two Wed 25th April : Stick
    Seven Range Theory,
    Dos Triques Doublestick
    Using the triangles to cross the triangle from the third dimension.

Evening Three: Thurs 26th Apr : Empty Hands
    "Kali Tudo" (tm)
    The movements of weapons done empty hands for MMA
    Why? "Consistency across categories",
    Adrenal preparation for WBE (weapon based environment)
    Various attack ideas e.g. the Zirconia, the Dracula, the Dodger

We have a facebook link to the event so you can get all the latest info or register interest. https://www.facebook.com/#!/events/263331257071554/

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭gonko

This sounds like 3 great evenings with one of the worlds best. Are there many spots left for this.?

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭SBG Ireland

not my thing but very cool guy, got to train with him in LA in 2000'ish and if i was into stick fighting this is the guy i'd want to train with :)
    good luck with it

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Did a weekend seminar with him back about 10 years ago, well worth training with.

Some advice on the dos triques/stick material: Bring long, heavy sticks. The light/whippy type stick doesn't really lend itself to the material.

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭silat liam

gonko wrote: »
    This sounds like 3 great evenings with one of the worlds best. Are there many spots left for this.?

Hi Gonko

Yeah we still have around 1/3 of the places left, so if you want to attend, send me a PM and I send you the details. So looking forward to finally meeting Marc, being trying to organised this for a few years.

Liam

• Advertisement
Advertisement