Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Business w/ Language. Query

Options
  • 01-02-2012 3:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭

Hey guys

A friend of mine doing Business with german is finding the german hard and wants to drop it completely, I know its possible to do this in the future but is it possible to drop it at the end of semester 2 or 3 or 4 or when exactly? is this the same for every language?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 961 ✭✭✭TEMPLAR KNIGHT

Hey guys

A friend of mine doing Business with german is finding the german hard and wants to drop it completely, I know its possible to do this in the future but is it possible to drop it at the end of semester 2 or 3 or 4 or when exactly? is this the same for every language?

There best bet is to get in contact with the course head of business, I know 2 friends dropped it at the end of semester 1 in first year and entered into the normal stream of business with no problems. Dropping it as soon as possible would be the best because theres no point on doing german for 2 years then dropping it, it means you have wasted two years of being able to do other modules and they wont graduate with a BBS with german degree so its a waste of time. I know from past experience the sooner the better with these things!

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭LimerickLad92

There best bet is to get in contact with the course head of business, I know 2 friends dropped it at the end of semester 1 in first year and entered into the normal stream of business with no problems. Dropping it as soon as possible would be the best because theres no point on doing german for 2 years then dropping it, it means you have wasted two years of being able to do other modules and they wont graduate with a BBS with german degree so its a waste of time. I know from past experience the sooner the better with these things!

Ok, thanks alot mate Ill pass it on!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭1huge1

Our business and german class at the start of 3rd year lost half the class from 12 to 6. Think that was the last time people could drop it and they weren't too happy when so many did.

Advertisement