Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

lucky so far?

Options
  • 31-01-2012 11:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭

I gave up smoking for the first time over 2 years ago and ended up getting quite bad pains in my chest and had to get an x-ray done etc. Was coughing etc etc. I was using patches when i gave up but ended up going back on them after 8 hard months.. Anyway, I gave up this year and im off them 3 weeks today (yipee!!), I did it cold turkey and so far i havent got any coughs or pains etc. so I'm just wondering am I out of the woods with this or will the coughing etc start eventually? I was expecting something as im smoking over 20 years and a heavy enough of a smoker.. I would also advise reading the alan carr book - EASYWAY, I found it excellent. So far i have saved approx €150 so thats another incentive not to go back smoking ever again :D thanks and good luck to all..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭ayeboy

I read Allen Carr's easyway 3 weeks ago. Don't smoke anymore. Can't believe how good the book is. I must have tried giving up at least 50 times in last 3 years. I would always start ok but fail straight away once I sniffed a drink. Always my downfall until now. Anyone considering giving up needs to try out the book.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭remembering

totally agree with you, I was off them a week when i read it but it defnitely worked for me... ive heard it dosent work for everyone though...If he can give up smoking a 100 a day anyone can!!

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Pulsating Star

I will be seven wks off them on Thursday and for the first time in many years am quite unwell. Don't know yet if it's a coincidence or not, more tests tomorrow .
    Read that book many years ago ,can't remember the details or my mood at the time but just remember feeling patronised.

Advertisement