Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gut Log

Options
  • 31-01-2012 10:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭

Hi folks, long time admirer and follower of the legend that is Pyro and missing the income he provides these days!

So I'm going to try to keep my own log for a while, nothing too serious. Mostly (hopefully all) horses. I have an annoying habit of betting after a few pints on some nondescript South American club soccer game (I effing despise soccer). More often than not the whole balance is lost on those occasions. So gotta try to keep the phone in the pocket when in the pub.

I am a huge fan of the jockey Jim Crowley, a great horseman who always seems to get the best from a horse and won't beat the animal senseless if he feels its just not its day. I admire that. I also admire the fact that he has made me some nice coin, at this stage I pretty much back him blind and believe me he is profitable to follow. I'm not one for stats and figures, I just don't have the patience. I go on my gut feeling, look at a race, look for the jockey, look for the trainer and make my mind up without checking prices.

So here goes probably nothing but hopefully something. Just lodged €100 to my PP account, thats my starting balance.

Three bets tomorrow.

Kempton 5.20 - King of Windsor - €10 @ 4/1

Kempton 7.20 - Judd Street - €2 ew @ 20/1

€0.50 ew doulble on both of these.

Fingers crossed.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭MyStubbleItches

No joy today, King of Windsor was backed into 5/2 favourite but finished well back. Judd Street was also well back.

Forgot to give my (excuse for) reasoning for these. Pretty simple really, Jim Crowley went to Kempton for just one ride on King of Windsor. More often than not he makes it count, not today alas. Judd Street is trained by Eve Johnson-Houghton and as far as I remember, she starts coming into form in the next few weeks usually so I'll be sticking with her with small stakes for a while.

Balance €85

Sitting in for the evening so going to have a few small bets on the evening's racing from Dundalk, more out of boredom than anything else. Wrong approach I know but small stakes.

First up in the 5.50 is

He's Got Rythm €2.50 e/w @ 9/1

6.20 - Danick of Time - €5 @10/11

6.50 - Roman General - €2.50 @4/1

7.20 - Cool Athlete - €2.50 ew @9/1

7.50 - Kalacan - €2.50 ew @6/1

8.20 - Bubbly Bellini - €2.50 ew @20/1

8.50 - Silverlord - €2.50 ew @13/2

21.15 - Magic Minstrel - €2.50 ew @11/1

Fingers crossed

6.20 - Danick of Time - €5 @10/11
    Won
    6.50 - Roman General - €2.50 @4/1 2nd

7.20 - Cool Athlete - €2.50 ew @9/1 won @ 10/1

7.50 - Kalacan - €2.50 ew @6/1 4th

8.20 - Bubbly Bellini - €2.50 ew @20/1 nowhere

8.50 - Silverlord - €2.50 ew @13/2 3rd @ 11/1

21.15 - Magic Minstrel - €2.50 ew @11/1 nowhere

Fingers crossed

Happy enough, grand way to spend the evening and a new balance of €101.30.

Onwards and upwards.

• Advertisement

The lovely folk at Paddy Power have decided to reward my persistent charitable contributions to their bank account and have given me a free bet.

Its such a simple one too, no way I can fail to make money from it. :D
    If I bet on a first tryscorer in the England/Scotland game tomorrow they will give me a free bet to the same value on first tryscorer in the Ireland/Wales game.

So I've gone for Phil Dowson to make an impact on his debut @20/1. €6.30 on this.

Free bet to the same value is going on Gordon D'Arcy @25/1. I'm backing him to step up to the plate in BOD's absence and for Wales to allow him a little more freedom in the belief that he's past it. Probably wishfull thinking but it'll put an extra interest in both games for me. Would have gone heavily (in shop, not log) for Earlsy as an anytime scorer but unfortunately he's out of the team as his new-born daughter is having some trouble. Here's hoping everything will be alright and he'll be back in the jersey soon.

Wolves 3.15 - Veroon - €2.50 [EMAIL="ew@7/1"]ew@7/1[/EMAIL]

Wolves 3.45 - Thundering Home - €2.50 @5/1

Wolves 5.15 - Red Yarn - €2.50 ew @10/1

Hope the meeting continues, snowing heavily.

Ling 3.35 - First Avenue €2.50 @13/2

Ling 4.05 - Barristers Brief - €2.50 ew @12/1

Ling 4.35 - Mandianna €2.50 ew @33/1

Fairy 4.45 - Sensatiomal Sema - €5.50 ew @9/1Wolves off.

• Advertisement

Fairy 4.45 - Sensatiomal Sema - €5.50 ew @9/1Wolves off.

Only Veroon place.

New balance €70.

Seeing as I'm going out tonight I'm going to do now what I'll do later anyway and throw the lot on a stupid bet.

A treble of;

Real Madrid -1 @10/11
    Barcelona HT/FT @1/3
    Ivory Coast @2/5

So that'll win and D'Arcy will score the first try tomorrow and all will be good. Or the thread will close tomorrow.

I'm not very good at this really.

Advertisement