Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WANTED _ Gerkros Wood-Pellet Boiler Service person.

Options
  • 31-01-2012 6:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭

Hello,
    I inserted this enquiry in the Renewables Forum, but no joy, I thought I might have more luck here.

I am trying to contact the two names (that I got off this site) for service guys but no answer on either number???

Does anyone have a number for a competent service person that can carry out a thorough annual service on my unit? At the moment it's running like a mouse's heart, so much so, I am reluctant to touch it...however, the date is fast approaching for the annual service. I've had the past 12 months trouble-free & I want to keep it that way.

Thanks in advance,

Bros

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭DGOBS

Try contacting GEM boilers (formerly Gerkros) AFAIK the no long manufacture wood pellet boilers, but may still have a contact list of service techs they used to use as the older company...good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Billy Bunting

Do a search on this forum using "Gerkros wood pellet", there was a topic on this just weeks ago.

Don't think it was you. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭BROS

Thanks guys. Finally, we managed to get through to our service man and we are awaiting his arrival with lively anticipation....

I just did a quick calculation and worked out that my home heating & DHW for a 4 member family in a 3,200sq ft house is 8 euro per day...the joys of wood pellets!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 hawkeye99

can you give me the details for the technician who service your boiler, also does anyone know where i could get a blast tube and the flexi pipe (that conected to the auger)?

Thx.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 albertcamus

<Snip>
    Mod edit: Content removed.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Albercamus,
    Please read the forum charter

• Registered Users Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭tinofapples

BROS wrote: »
    Thanks guys. Finally, we managed to get through to our service man and we are awaiting his arrival with lively anticipation....

I just did a quick calculation and worked out that my home heating & DHW for a 4 member family in a 3,200sq ft house is 8 euro per day...the joys of wood pellets!!!

That is not impressive at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 smwalsh

Anybody know of a plumber/electrician in the West who can fix my Gerkros burner in a hurry. I am desperate... Any suggestions welcome.

<Snip>

Thanks

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

smwalsh, Its not a good idea to post your mobile number on a public forum.
    Recommendations by PM only.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭bayles

would it be possible to pm me the tel number for repair guy? Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 Farm King

Could you PM me the details for the Gerkros Servive Man also? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1 GWal

Hi All. Just came across this thread and was hoping one of you could also PM the name of a decent service guy somewhere near Kildare. We have a number for 2 guys but they're based in Wexford and very expensive to get to come up this far. Any help greatly appreciated. I'm looking for a tech able to replace a heater element on my Gerkros burner.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 CathMayo

Hi,

If anyone knows of someone in the West who will service a Gerkros Burner please PM me the contact details....I have found the contact numbers for agents in Tipperary but there's no answer.
    Getting desperate now as the nights are getting colder and we have no heating as the burner has died yet again. Have had problems from day 1 with this burner but we can't afford to pull it out & replace it so just need someone who knows how to get it going again....does such a person exist!

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Spididdle

Hi, would someone be able to PM me the number of the pellet boiler technician working in the west of Ireland please? I've a persistent error 13 and I'm at the end of my skill set. I would be really really grateful. Thanks!!

Spididdle wrote: »
    Hi, would someone be able to PM me the number of the pellet boiler technician working in the west of Ireland please? I've a persistent error 13 and I'm at the end of my skill set. I would be really really grateful. Thanks!!

Hi mate , i got rid of my system because i found the company who supplied it a total f***ing shambles and the availability of engineers pretty much non existent , to the extent of having to do everything myself. I will see if i can walk you through the steps of getting it back running again. If i remember correctly , "Error 13" is a fuel issue , did you run out of pellets by any chance, or can you give me a brief lead up to the current issue.

Thanks for the reply.It started with regular error 13s last week, had a new delivery of pellets a few weeks ago but didn't run out. The boiler has been cleaned and I changed the element as well. It runs for maybe half an hour to an hour after ignition and then goes to error. It's a bit of a head wreck tbh. It's about ten years old so maybe it's starting to pack it in. I'm wondering is it the setting for the pellet feed too, as in are the new pellets better or worse so they don't need to be fed as much etc. I've a fella coming out with a nice calloit charge so I'm hoping it's not a recurring problem.

Any chance the pellets are damp or getting damp and not burning !! . Have you cleaned off the burner plate. If so take a look at them and see are they burning to dust or are they only part burned. Also take a look at the ash pan and see if there are any in there not burned. Do you use a hopper or a silo.
    Are you able to get it going now or is it stopped.

What i mean by Hopper or Silo is , are you buying by the bag or having them delivered by the Tonne and blown in. Have you used a different pellet supplier, trying to rule out what its not will help figure out what it might be.

They're burning away and everything is clean, get them delivered by the tonne, not bagged. It's running now but I expect it to stop in the next while as it has been doing. I'm stumped. And the pellets aren't damp, all that is secure and dry. Same supplier as well. But I've had varying batches before, one time they were quite sooty, the last batch before this one was the best I'd had from them.

If it is running at the moment and everything (before burning) is normal what i would do is keep an eye on the stat , see if it is rising continuously and over heating. If it is not leveling off then maybe the photosensor is gone and it is going into safety mode if you get me. It could be over heating .. if the photo sensor is gone it cant pick up the burn rate (i think) and will effect the temp of the unit. If your flow rate was too high then pellets wouldnt burn quick enough and you should have a load of unburnt if you get me, so it doesnt sound like that.

• Advertisement

It was the photo sensor and there was a little hole in the feed pipe. A hole is appearing in the last cylinder as well so that'll have to be replaced in the next few months. Hopefully it'll stay going for another while. It's no craic when it breaks down. Very hard to find a technician. Got lucky this time with a PM of a number

Spididdle wrote: »
    It was the photo sensor and there was a little hole in the feed pipe. A hole is appearing in the last cylinder as well so that'll have to be replaced in the next few months. Hopefully it'll stay going for another while. It's no craic when it breaks down. Very hard to find a technician. Got lucky this time with a PM of a number

I had a feeling it was the photo sensor alright. If its of any use this is who i ended up dealing with to get parts etc.. http://www.nlgreenenergysolutions.com/ .. they have service engineers also. I dont know if they distribute that model anymore but they used to. I was living on the border and had to go north to get someone as nobody in the south was doing them.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭ltdslipdiff

I have a very good guy that helps me with my OPOP/Scotte system, he's based Wexford direction, feel free to PM me if you want his number.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Clarko2

Hi guys could somewhere please PM me the name of a service person for my Gerkros wood pellet bother. I am based in Wicklow so somewhere based in Wexford may work. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 bubsy

After nearly 10 years of trouble and a lot of money spent we got an oil burner. Happy days.

Advertisement