Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just had filling - part came out.

Options
  • 31-01-2012 2:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭

Hey Guys,

Just back from the dentist and waited an hour, like he said, to eat. Food kind of moved to to the side of the mouth where I'd just had the filling put in but I didn't chew.

Lo and behold, I felt a bit of my filling in my mouth, floating around. I'm still numb so can't feel anything. Should I go back to the dentist or is that normal?

Cheers,
    P

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

If your worried or can feel a bit gone then defo go back. These things happen from time to time and dentists are well used to dealing with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭cassiedoll

jus be careful, the exact same thing to happened to me...two fillings on the one tooth in a short space of time and i had bits of the filling break. When i went to see another dentist, he said something to me like, if the filling isnt holding in the tooth, its a sign of more sinister going on or else could be a shi**y dentist. but if you get the filling fixed and the tooth still doesnt feel right, i'd get a 2nd opinion

• Registered Users Posts: 7,936 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

cassiedoll wrote: »
    jus be careful, the exact same thing to happened to me...two fillings on the one tooth in a short space of time and i had bits of the filling break. When i went to see another dentist, he said something to me like, if the filling isnt holding in the tooth, its a sign of more sinister going on or else could be a shi**y dentist. but if you get the filling fixed and the tooth still doesnt feel right, i'd get a 2nd opinion

what? do you not think the second dentist was looking for business?

as was said, these things happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

cassiedoll wrote: »

I think you will find when that second dentists fillings occasionally fall out as does every dentists, his attitude will be more mellow and forgiving of his own work. ;)

Advertisement