Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tyre Suppliers

Options
  • 31-01-2012 2:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭

Hi
    Anyone got any info for tyre suppliers in Leinster area. Tyre size is 215/70 R15.
    How much should I expect to pay each.
    Thanks,
    H

Comments

http://www.goldenpages.ie/tyreland-cuffesgrange/1/

Got mine here 2 years ago @ €80 each for 16" rims still can't see any wear 30 000miles later

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭SARZY

That looks good. What make were they ?
    Only interested cause we all get hung up on well known brands and retailers push them and they usually are the most expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭niloc1951

While price in important, size isn't everything :D

Make sure your choice is rated to carry at least the maximum weigh they might possibly be required to carry at some time in the future.
    I've seen a blow-out cause over €2,000 worth of damage to the body trim, wheel arch, floor and cupboards as it flailed around before the vehicle was brought to a halt :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

niloc1951 wrote: »
    While price in important, size isn't everything :D

Make sure your choice is rated to carry at least the maximum weigh they might possibly be required to carry at some time in the future.
    I've seen a blow-out cause over €2,000 worth of damage to the body trim, wheel arch, floor and cupboards as it flailed around before the vehicle was brought to a halt :eek:

well said that man . Buy the best tire you can afford , not the cheapest you can get . It's been said a million times already , but there's only 4 small patches between you and the road.... and it's not as if MHs exactly wear them off in a hurry... I'd always try stick with one of the larger brands , Dunlop , Bridgestone , Semperit , Continental etc . I know it's a generalisation , but the cheaper , nastier ones tend to be Korean or Malaysian.. like WannLi or Nankang etc .

There's a forum member , IIRC he's called theTyreMan or similar , might be worth a shout , otherwise I always get all my tires from Gleeson Tyre Products , cos they have MHs themselves .

SARZY wrote: »
    That looks good. What make were they ?

Provan

• Advertisement

Aidan_M_M wrote: »
    , but the cheaper , nastier ones tend to be Korean or Malaysian.. like WannLi or Nankang .

Aidan, appreciate your knowledge on this forum but will you clarify this, do these makes not conform to standards and are they less serviceable in some way.

Provan

Thanks for that, at the price you quoted, for me anyway, thats the business.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭niloc1951

[QUOTE=SARZY;76923814........................... do these makes not conform to standards and are they less serviceable in some way.[/QUOTE]

There are standards and there are standards

The highest standard, specifically designed for motorhomes (campers) are THESE three beauties. There is however a wide choice of other tyres constructed to other standards.
    As with every important purchase, you make your choice based on advice, research and budget and hope it's the 'best value' one in the long run.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

They conform , usually (though I have seen some that aren't "E" marked) , but the simplest test is to brake hard in the wet . That'll answer any question!

Aidan_M_M wrote: »
    They conform , usually (though I have seen some that aren't "E" marked) , but the simplest test is to brake hard in the wet . That'll answer any question!

Ok thanks. Bet they wont fit them for a trial so its down to buying the best at the price affordable.
    Part of what I was on about is; Marketing departments of big companies spend fortunes convinincing the public of whats 'BEST' but it always comes at a price as a result.

• Advertisement

Never had a problem with 'em. Haven't had to put air in 'em since I got them except for suspension vs fuel economy arguments. 20mm thread still. Never a problem in the wet or snow. Apart from the scientific inquiry who brakes hard in a camper?
    Keep the sun off the sidewalls when you're standing and inspect them every now and again, and you won't have much to worry about I reckon.

Advertisement