Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Martial arts for kids around D16

Options
  • 31-01-2012 2:14pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I've two girls (7 & 11) that have been doing shotokan karate for a bit over a year, but have become bored of it (as kids do). The older girl also used to do a boxing fitness class with me for about a year, but lost interest once it became more of a circuit class and less about hitting things.

Anyone know of any alternative options for kids in the Ballyboden / Rathfarnham area? Looking at Whitechurch boxing club as one option at the moment, but would consider most options. Not so interested in trad Karate, more something where they'd get a good challenging workout that they'd enjoy. I reckon they'd both be up for a bit of light sparring and grappling, once it's in a controlled / safe environment.

Advertisement