Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Rate Mix please - Indie Rock / Pop !

• 31-01-2012 1:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

We did some recording last year and I'm trying to get some feedback / fresh ears on them. I'm no expert in recording / mixing but a lot of the issues
    we had mixing seem to come from the drum overheads - it was hard to
    bring the level on these down without bringing down the overall drums
    level. There's quite a bit of sizzle (to my ears) and they just more
    aggresive and bigger than they should to my ears - but I could be
    competely paranoid - i'm in the lou reed / neil young camp in terms of
    cymbals / crashes - less is more

There are some here -
    http://soundcloud.com/mr-mojo-risin-5

Any thoughts on the mixes appreciated - don't hold back !

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭i57dwun4yb1pt8

i like it but the cymbals are too loud and over used as well.
    drusm are a bit too loud over all

vocal needs more clarity

seems to b a build up of low end hum / mud as well. - mianly the bass.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 CrimsonSounds

Hi There !

Listening to "I Wanted You"

I agree - Vocals need more clarity when all the instruments are in together.

Overheads are a bit too high indeed - compress them a bit more, and pull them back should fix it - and with the vocals brought up that should balance it out.

The rest of the instruments seem well balanced in there - so not too much work required on that.

Good luck ;-)

Advertisement