Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can you download movies/TV shows to Android

Options
  • 31-01-2012 1:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Any app or legal site that allows downloading (not streaming like with Netflix) in Ireland so I can watch movies/shows when abroad or when no wifi/network available? :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

iTunes

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Johnny Lamp

Thanks RangeR, but then I tried Doubletwist I think to allow playing on Android but said not available in Ireland/restrictions to authorised device type i.e. ipad/itouch etc, any recommendations for free apps/software that work in Ireland taht get around this?

If iTunes tv/movie download service isn't available in Ireland [I don't know] then there is nothing for you. There is no other service that I'm aware of, that allows you to legally purchase and download movies.

May I ask why Netflix is of no use to you. I have it and find it excellent.

I also never mentioned DoubleTwist. I mentioned iTunes. Download that you your computer, see if you can purchase movies. If those movies are not copy protected, you can then copy them to your Android.

actually just tried preloadedWatch app on my htc sensation xl, will post here on experience...

• Advertisement

Netflix is great but when I'm abroad it wont work. Rented a movie on iTunes but couldnt get Doubletwist to take it due to above mentioned issue (maybe because I rented)

Downloaded Hangover Part 2 on HTC Watch, took 30 mins but seems to play fine. Only gripe is limited selection of movies...

30 mins to download from Watch on HTC, limited choice but plays fine

Advertisement