Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bring back Alfie Hale's Sports Bar in Lombard Street

Options
  • 31-01-2012 4:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

Bring back Alfie Hales Sports Bar in Lombard Street, Waterford City, just in behind the Tower Hotel. It was a handy little spot to have a couple of handy ones and a way to keep out of the heart of the town where most of the troubles take place. I always felt comfortable drinking there and so did all my mates. We never witnessed and trouble or messing down there and had great nights whilst there. If Alfie is not interested in re-opening then someone else take charge and get some local musical talent in there. I could see this place being a success!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Nypd

MARSH78 wrote: »
    Bring back Alfie Hales Sports Bar in Lombard Street, Waterford City, just in behind the Tower Hotel. It was a handy little spot to have a couple of handy ones and a way to keep out of the heart of the town where most of the troubles take place. I always felt comfortable drinking there and so did all my mates. We never witnessed and trouble or messing down there and had great nights whilst there. If Alfie is not interested in re-opening then someone else take charge and get some local musical talent in there. I could see this place being a success!
    Go to the kings or jordons all are a stone throw away

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭decies

Depression

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

MARSH7 wrote:
    If Alfie is not interested in re-opening then someone else take charge and get some local musical talent in there. I could see this place being a success!
    Then get off the internet and do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭batm!ke

As far as I'm aware the Tower Hotel Group bought that block of buildings. They were to turn it into offices for admin etc but I assume they shelved the plans because of the recession.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭Tim the Enchanter

Go over to Katty Barrys. Always a match on in there,beit soccer or rugby, run by Larry Phelan. Larrys a sound skin and theres always a craic in there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭thomasm

Go over to Katty Barrys. Always a match on in there,beit soccer or rugby, run by Larry Phelan. Larrys a sound skin and theres always a craic in there.

Second that, lovely pub and great spot for the upcoming 6 nations

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭RoyMcC

Katty Barry's, Jordan's and Alfies Ballybricken - a happy triangular crawl during my time in Waterford.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

The license has probably being sold off to another outlet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭somebaldyfela

Saw some builder's in there today. Hopefully someone's doing it up.

Advertisement