Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is doing an online masters as valued as doing an on campus one

Options
  • 30-01-2012 5:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

I'm considering doing a masters in education in st pats and my favourite course happens to be an online one.

I'm trying to make myself as employable as possible so if the on campus courses are more valued amongst principals and board of managements I would settle for a different course.

Does anyone know what the difference in reputation is between them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

Hi Laragh, I'm going to move your thread to Primary Teacher Training. You might get more help there.
    :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,481 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

To be honest, first aid courses, IT courses, sports etc would be probably be more valued. Be aware that the allowance for the masters etc. has been stopped too.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭dambarude

@byhookorbycrook

Could I tap your wisdom and experience a bit on this?

Could a candidate holding a masters being considered something of an upstart? Somebody looking to move on again before long, or who is after the principal's job? I can't help but get that impression at times.

Advertisement