Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

fletching jig wanted

Options
  • 30-01-2012 5:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭

am interested in fletching my own arrows. does anyone have a jig they want to move on or know of anyone who does. I thought i'd have a look here before ordering one up from the UK or the States
    thanks all.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,975 Mod ✭✭✭✭greysides

I use one of these:

s_qj40.jpg

£22.50 from Quicks, not worth buying second hand.

It's not a high quality item but it's functional and needs a little bit of care to keep it working.

The King of jigs is the Bitzenburg jig at £76.00. But it is expensive. Next time I'll buy one but for now the Cartel is doing what I need it to do.

s_ij62.jpg

The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress. Joseph Joubert

The ultimate purpose of debate is not to produce consensus. It's to promote critical thinking.

Adam Grant

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,975 Mod ✭✭✭✭greysides

I use one of these:

s_qj40.jpg

£22.50 from Quicks, not worth buying second hand.

It's not a high quality item but it's functional and needs a little bit of care to keep it working.

The King of jigs is the Bitzenburg jig at £76.00. But it is expensive. Next time I'll buy one but for now the Cartel is doing what I need it to do.

s_ij62.jpg

The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress. Joseph Joubert

The ultimate purpose of debate is not to produce consensus. It's to promote critical thinking.

Adam Grant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭booom

thanks for that greysides. i was looking at the bohning jigs (seem reasonably priced for a starter) but was also looking at the ez fletch. one guy told me theyre a nightmare for glue going everywhere, but i dont see how you couldnt deal with that. any idea what the greyling jigs are like? i've just had a look at the quicks website and all the entry level jigs seem to be going for around the same price.

Sorry, I've no experience of any other than the Cartel. The Grayling looks interesting with the option to get clamps for right and left helical fletching (feathers) and not much more than the Cartel......hmmmmm!

The Arcosport Spigarelli jig from Alternative Sporting Services for €46 is one I've heard good reports of.

Adam Grant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭booom

have ordered a bohning- let you know how i get on. thanks.

• Advertisement
Advertisement