Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tartiflette

Options
  • 30-01-2012 12:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭

Hi,

Would like to make tartiflette - however - the french use reblochon cheese which I've looked for in a few of the leading supermarkets - to no success.

Does anyone know where i can get it?

Or, if not - what easily available alternative I could use?

Thanks alot
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,891 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Hi,

Would like to make tartiflette - however - the french use reblochon cheese which I've looked for in a few of the leading supermarkets - to no success.

Thanks alot

I like it made with Gubeen cheese which is readily available.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Pixie001

I'm not sure where you are located, but if you are in Dublin, you could try Sheridans Cheesemongers - as far as I know, they have the best selection around :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭nompere

Hi,

Thanks alot

The last time I made this, the recipe said to use either reblochon or raclette, and I got one of them (I can't remember which!) in Superquinn in Sutton.

This is the recipe, and there were no leftovers, unfortunately!

http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/3374/tartiflette+cheese+potato+bake

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

Hmm… I’ve a block of reblochon in the freezer. Might defrost it and make this. Just back from Haute Savoie myself. I miss tartiflette!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

You can find reblochon in Superquinn (in Lucan), Tesco Extra (seen them in Naas) and also Avoca Rathcoole's little cheese room.

I went mad into making tartiflette after having them DAILY on a ski trip. I've tried using brie instead when I didn't come across reblochon but it wasn't the same at all. Raclette would be the closes alternative.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

Hi,

Thanks alot

You can get Roblochon in Tesco, in fact the last time I it is was from Tesco. (this was made by French people).

It's basically all the best tastes in a single dish!

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭oirishfruitie

Thanks all,
    I've tried Tesco Clare Hall and Superquinn Swords - with no success. Although there were no cheese mongers at the counter - so maybe if I asked - they would have had some, but not on display?
    Will try a few other Superquinns/tescos.
    Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Cardinal Richelieu

Thanks all,
    I've tried Tesco Clare Hall and Superquinn Swords - with no success. Although there were no cheese mongers at the counter - so maybe if I asked - they would have had some, but not on display?
    Thanks

Try Superquinn Sutton, has the best cheese range in a supermarket I seen in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,891 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Thanks all,
    Thanks

Seriously, try the Gubeen. It works and it's Irish.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

Thanks all,
    Thanks

I saw them at Tesco Maynooth just yesterday; they're on the top shelf fridge at the cheese aisle rather than the deli.

Tesco Finest Reblochon

• Advertisement
Advertisement