Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Pop/Rock Mix

Options
  • 30-01-2012 11:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭

Here's an unmastered mix I've just done - unlike other stuff it's entirely without Waves plugins and features the Epure plug on vocals and overall mix.
    Overheads (which I think are the best I've recorded yet) were through my new Manley Dual Mic pre and Abbey Road RS124 plug.
    Drums are as recorded with an old Bob Clearmountain ambience sample on snare for the craic and the crack...

http://soundcloud.com/paulbrewer/01-jan-28-test

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Robin Ball

That's a great mix Paul. Really nice. Well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭Seziertisch

Sounding good.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭krd

I like the way everything sounds after 2.14 - Acoustic guitar bit at 2.30 - 2.55, is really good - it's emotional.

The the drums and the acoustic at 2.30 - 2.55 the rhythm sounds really good (that kind of inbetweeny sound - got my head bopping but it doesn't last for long) - and there's lots of room for the voice.

I like the splooshy snare.

Would you like to hear more ? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭i57dwun4yb1pt8

lovely job ,

youve done it again howard

• Registered Users Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭PaulBrewer

Thanks for the kind words gents ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 CrimsonSounds

Love that Paul !

Has a Paramore / Ladyhawke sound to it if you had a chick singing in there - and I'm a sucker for Paramore and Ladyhawke productions !

Love the drum sound too ;-)

Great job ! Al.

Advertisement