Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A question about land in terms of economics

Options
  • 30-01-2012 1:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

Hi there I'm just guessing this is the right place to ask this so i apologize if it isn't. I'm taking economics for Leaving Cert and one thing that's confusing me is that in economics, Land is defined as anything provided by nature used to create wealth. For example oil. However land is supposed to be fixed in supply but with oil or similar resources once the current supply is used up it is no longer in supply so it is not fixed? Can anyone explain this to me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭mari2222

Land is not permanently fixed either - think of erosion, earthquake etc.

However it is more fixed than other factors, think of it as the "most fixed" rather than "fixed".

Land resources ditto - more fixed than other factors

Good question!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭TiGeR KiNgS

Is the Leaving Cert syllabus Long run or short run focused ?

I have a suspicion that this topic is just a simplified concept adapted for Leaving cert standard
    i.e. all 'land' (as outlined in OP) is fixed in the short term where there is no quantifiable variable regarding the depletion of resources.

Advertisement