Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Timing Scheme (Irish)

Options
  • 29-01-2012 11:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Looking for timing scheme for Irish PII. My pre is on Tuesday.

Teacher never gave us one, none in my exam papers and none on the interweb as far as I can see.

Help please ? No comments on whats on the pre either please.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,160 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

From what I can see on the past papers, the layout is

Ceist 1 - 40 marks
    Ceist 2 - 40 marks
    Ceist 3 - 70 marks
    Ceist 4 - 30 marks

for a total of 180 marks.

The length of the exam is 3 hours 20 minutes (200 minutes), so if you allow 10 minutes at the start to read the paper and ten minutes at the end to check things, then you can spend as long on each question as there are marks going for it.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭dambarude

The Irish paper has changed considerably Spurious - there's a new exam format from 2012 on to accommodate the increased marks for the oral.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,160 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Oh apologies - I will ask a colleague today what he recommends.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭montown

TheBeetles wrote: »
    Looking for timing scheme for Irish PII. My pre is on Tuesday.

Teacher never gave us one, none in my exam papers and none on the interweb as far as I can see.

Help please ? No comments on whats on the pre either please.

Paper 1, all you have to do is the essay so the whole exam is spent on that.

Paper 2, 30 minutes each for poetry and prose, 40 minutes for An Triail, and 30 for each comprehension.

That leaves 25 mins, to look over the questions/answers or if you need a little extra for a certain question. That's what we were told anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 TheBeetles

thanks for the help

i ended up going with

40min for comp 1
    40mins for comp 2
    30 min for Pros
    30 min for filiocht
    40 min for A Thig
    5min left to look over

• Advertisement
Advertisement