Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electrical repairs/refitting

Options
  • 29-01-2012 9:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone, we're looking forward to the new season, and we had some electrical problems (serious enough) last year, and want to get our van totally rewired so to speak. Any suggestions for electrical repairs on campers ?
    We have a Hymer Camp B644, and we're in Co Waterford, but can drop it anywhere within reason.
    Thanks !

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Wan tew

If the wiring problem is on the van try Dick Mac on the Waterside, if it's in the back eg the fridge or internal lights etc. any domestic electrician should be up to the job. I've heard that camping crazy in New Ross are pretty helpful too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

I've only had to rewire one camper , in the hundreds I've worked on , so I doubt it'll need total rewiring . PM if you want to bounce a few ideas off me?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

Thanks Wan Tew, only seeing your reply now, it's great to have a name.

Aidan_M_M, we want the van to be totally safe, for ourselves, and in case we want to sell and upgrade in the future. I will PM you with some details, thanks.

no bother at all . Just the cost of a full re-wire would be pretty saucy .

• Registered Users Posts: 48 truebluechippy

aidan_m_m do ye do wiring on a new conversion.That and the plumbing are the two things i really dont trust myself to do.

• Advertisement

Um , I have done , but I did it on my own time , outside of work as a favour .

Advertisement