Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone know anyone who does a professional (and good value) job of plastic welding?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,486 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

Anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,983 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Thread came up on it a while back. Nobody in Ireland really does it. My guess is because structurally the welded plastic is never the same although it might look ok, visibly. Its better to just replace.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

Joe Bergin in Allenwoord, Kildare does.

KamiKazi wrote: »
    Joe Bergin in Allenwoord, Kildare does.

Thanks man, very helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Alkers

There is a guy in a paintshop in Ballymount who does it also iirc, I can't for the life of me remember what his website is though.
    He has a terrible rep on biker.ie because his wife was on the radio giving out about motorcycles but he did a great job for me (paint) and was very reasonable.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭mongdesade

http://www.motorcyclepaintshop.com/

Give Ken a bell @ 0872337035 / 014148548

Thanks all, much appreciated. Its really a Midlands operator that I was looking for. A crack at the fastener where I tried to tighten up without checking the fairing was lined up properly .... :o

Advertisement