Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Gastro Pub on Parnell Street?

Options
  • 29-01-2012 9:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭

New Gastro Pub on Parnell Street to open soon. Seen them doing up the place just beside the AIB.

Anybody got some info on this.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,779 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

http://theparnell.com/

They'll be selling craft beer apparently, that's all I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,087 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

It's the sister pub of Against The Grain; this pub will kick ass :cool:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,779 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

It's the sister pub of Against The Grain; this pub will kick ass :cool:

You're thinking of the Black Sheep on Capel St. Opening this Wednesday afaik.

503827133.jpg?Expires=1327882826&Key-Pair-Id=APKAIYVGSUJFNRFZBBTA&Signature=HVi4-fSC0u1FexxSF0CGwTUtfWjhpKs0hEGJUC8p7ZuQylvMmH7iyxaK3~hKOk4XhJ27bqsy7MryIS7ugoqZkqJipFW5jflQVBuuaFyVSRJt9rjiB0GCmVz8w9nTpablqYOFRiC46BjrZWmMDkgo16KUKAFgebFH~GXtcwofPQE_

• Registered Users Posts: 13,087 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

irish_goat wrote: »
    You're thinking of the Black Sheep on Capel St. Opening this Wednesday afaik.

Gadzonks, I had thought it was one and the same; cheers for that.

On mature recollection (ie, I looked at the map on the link provided :o ), this Parnell appears to be on the site of the former Parnell Mooney pub/night club.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

http://theparnell.com/

looks to be a very limited number of taps and much more set up for wine

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Bigcheeze

oblivious wrote: »
    looks to be a very limited number of taps and much more set up for wine

I think they're just stock photos. I drove past it the other day and there was construction work going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭shakin

its part of the fitzgerald group, not sure when its opening, been looking for staff for a few weeks now

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

is the menu meant to part in dollars part in euro?

seats look awful, and it's only opened until 11pm?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,827 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Ahhh. It might be one of those ones where they say "gastropub" when the word they're looking for is "restaurant".

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

is the menu meant to part in dollars part in euro?

Menu looks dreadful.
    Fruit Souffle
    Chop up in a turnip, an hour will take out
    $49

Sirloin steak 10oz
    Meanwhile have got a good mayonnaise sauce
    $86.5

Rib-eye steak 16oz
    Throw them through the lemon to cool
    $69

???

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Bigcheeze

Bigcheeze wrote: »
    I think they're just stock photos. I drove past it the other day and there was construction work going on.

This.

The photos and menus are just a mock-up of the website. There were guys with hardhats working there when I passed it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Honey Roy Palmer

It's opening/did open today. Got a flyer in work, it's called The Parnell Heritage Bar and Grill. Unfortunatly I left my wallet at home today, so I may just scrape a few coins together to get a pint.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭upforit101

Went past it this morning (at 7am) it doesn't look open yet - Windows are blacked out with paper or maybe blinds??
    There is a lighted Sign which says "Rooftop Bar" if so that will be excellent.
    Hope it opens this weekend, I have a buddy coming up from Kerry who is wants to sample the fayre on offer at the blacksheep, Porterhouse etc

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

jayzus the parnell mooney, that place was scaldy as fook.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

jayzus the parnell mooney, that place was scaldy as fook.

History may repeat itself. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Is there still a smell in the basement?

I worked as a barman in the Parnell Mooney back in 'Aught Two, used to do cheaper pints for the OAPs, had to ID them to make sure they were pensioners :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭upforit101

It's open now, didn't go in (might do tonight).

On a peep round the door last Thursday I saw a Staropramen tap and a Smithwick's Pale Ale tap as the most adventurous options. The Black Sheep it ain't.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭man.about.town

i was in there today and wow has it changed, very relaxing inside and luxurious, nice beer garden on the top floor, got a nice tour off the owner and he said there is a spit roast pig at the weekends. so far its been attracting the right crowd

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭redalan

Spit roast. Sounds great. Any unusual beers?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Martyn1989

BeerNut wrote: »
    On a peep round the door last Thursday I saw a Staropramen tap and a Smithwick's Pale Ale tap as the most adventurous options. The Black Sheep it ain't.

It would be nice to have somewhere to drop in for some refreshment on the way to the black sheep though.

I cant wait for the new place in Kates Cottage to open, it will be my new local

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Lollymcd

Martyn1989 wrote: »
    I cant wait for the new place in Kates Cottage to open, it will be my new local

+1
    Does anyone have any idea what their expected opening date is? It'd be a great idea to open when the craft beer fest is on. Judging by the outside though I suspect it wont be ready in time... from memory I'm thinking that the bathrooms will need a fair amount of work/bleach... :eek:

They said April, but also that there is a lot of work needing done so I wouldn't hold them to that.

Thanks BeerNut
    BeerNut wrote: »
    there is a lot of work needing done
    ... I'd imagine!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

went into this new "Parnell" last night, it says "Heritage Pub" on the blinds, yeah, the Irish heritgae of overpriced drinks.

€5.80 for a Staropramen, wtf?, it must have been the same for a Heineken, because the round was 11.60, get the fúck you robbing bastards.

There's a lift to the toilets, stupid gimmick.

Visions of the future for this place are of a scumbag infested shíthole selling stupidly expensive generic lager. "The Church" Mark II really.

The "unusual" beers consist of Smithwick's Pale Ale, Staro and flavoured Kopparberg.

If you find yourself on Parnell Street, keep walking to The Black Sheep, or even cross over to Fibbers, the Staro is less than a fiver in there.

Oh yeah, there were two BeanGardaí in there last night, drinking orange juice and coffee, nice image they are cultivating already.

This place is doomed to failure I hope.

Des wrote: »
    went into this new "Parnell" last night, it says "Heritage Pub" on the blinds, yeah, the Irish heritgae of overpriced drinks.

€5.80 for a Staropramen, wtf?, it must have been the same for a Heineken, because the round was 11.60, get the fúck you robbing bastards.

There's a lift to the toilets, stupid gimmick.

Visions of the future for this place are of a scumbag infested shíthole selling stupidly expensive generic lager. "The Church" Mark II really.

The "unusual" beers consist of Smithwick's Pale Ale, Staro and flavoured Kopparberg.

If you find yourself on Parnell Street, keep walking to The Black Sheep, or even cross over to Fibbers, the Staro is less than a fiver in there.

Oh yeah, there were two BeanGardaí in there last night, drinking orange juice and coffee, nice image they are cultivating already.

This place is doomed to failure I hope.

Now don't hold back Des, tell us what you REALLY think!!! :P

Advertisement