Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mobile Gas Heater

Options
  • 29-01-2012 3:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27

Hi, I'm looking for some advice on mobile gas heaters.

Currently renting a house that is very open plan but only has storage heaters and aside from being expensive to run, unfortunately despite working, they don't heat the house at all. Nothing. I would have a fire lit every night to take the chill out but the last few weeks have just been bitterly cold.

So! I'm looking to invest in a mobile gas heater. I sourced one from hardware.ie and its within budget but I'm just wondering is there anything I should be mindful of before purchasing or choosing the gas route? As a primary heat source is it financially feasible or even safe?
    I ask this because I live in Sligo and tragically, a family passed away recently from carbon monoxide poisoning with gas being a contributing factor. Also radon tests have shown it is of a dangerously high level here.

Is a mobile gas heater a good way to go?

Thanks in advance!

Advertisement