Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which Sim keeps credit longest

Options
  • 29-01-2012 12:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭

I need a Sim for my alarm panel dialler.
    It must have credit but will only use any when the alarm goes off and it rings me.
    To keep running costs down, which network, O2, 3, Voda, Meteor, etc. keeps credit live the longest without topping up (and doesn't delete your number over time if not used)
    Thanks in advance

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

O2

Credit will stay intact once you make a call or text once every 6 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,537 ✭✭✭JTMan

jpfahy wrote: »
    I need a Sim for my alarm panel dialler.
    It must have credit but will only use any when the alarm goes off and it rings me.
    To keep running costs down, which network, O2, 3, Voda, Meteor, etc. keeps credit live the longest without topping up (and doesn't delete your number over time if not used)
    Thanks in advance

Tesco Mobile keeps regular credit for 2 years.

Davy wrote: »
    O2

Credit will stay intact once you make a call or text once every 6 months.

That's reasonably standard, Tesco Mobile is better.

3, like O2 has the following T&C:
    If you make at least one chargeable call every six months, you will keep your top-up credit active and prevent it expiring. If you don't do this, your cash credit will expire after six months of non-use.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Fungus wrote: »
    Tesco Mobile keeps regular credit for 2 years.

Im not sure what you mean by this, you still have to use the credit once in the 6 months to keep the number active. If you have not used it in 6 months the account it frozen, and then in 6 months later it is recycled and credit gone unless you have rang CC to reactivate it.

I wouldn't use 3 has he is probably using a gsm dialler. Other networks require topping up more frequently, one €5 topup on o2 could in theory last years once used once every 6 months

Ok. I was just took the information from the Tesco Mobile website.

They simply say ...
    And remember that your normal Top Up lasts for two years, so there’s no need to worry

As you pointed out, their detailed T&C's, highlight the fact that you need chargeable calls during that period.

• Advertisement

To me that means an expiry on the credit even if you use the sim every 6 months. Such a term doesn't apply with O2 to the best of my knowledge

Advertisement