Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sharp tooth after filling...

Options
  • 29-01-2012 4:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

Just have a quick question. I have been having a load of work done (I had major amounts of pain and hadn't been to the dentist in years... :o) including an extraction, root canal and a tiny filling. Root canal was done 2 weeks ago, temp filling went in, I had no problems and went back during the week to get a full filling. That went grand too, but it feels kinda sharp where she built back up the tooth, and I keep biting my lip on that side (it was a canine on the bottom that had to be built back up).

Now, it looks perfect, just like a regular tooth and I had pretty much no pain whatsoever with the root canal- my dentist is really great. Is it worth it to go back in with this 'sharp' tooth and see if it needs a top up filling, or to be filed or something? I don't really want to spend the money (I don't really have any more, the root canal kinda cleaned me out) since it's not sore and it's clean and healthy and everything.

I'm due back in about 1 month to have a scale and polish and that's the end of my current treatment needs, but if i wait that long could anythign happen to the tooth if it's not filled right up, or anything?

It's 4am and I'm not making sense, I have a feeling... :rolleyes:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

Sounds to me like you just need a sharp bit of filling or tooth filled down, takes about 5 minutes and dentists never charge for it. It happen often as your numb at the time and don't realize its there until later. Just head back to the dentists and they will fix it no hastle.

Advertisement