Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

MAG Ireland: How many motorcycles do you own?

• 28-01-2012 9:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭

Posting on behalf of MAG Ireland;

We're running a poll on the MAG web site to get a handle on how many people own more than one road legal bike, the reason being we're trying to get more insurers to do multi-bike cover. It's a simple one question poll, so if you are resident in the Republic of Ireland, and you ride one (or more bikes) on the road here we'd really appreciate you taking a few seconds to let us know. The link is;
    http://www.magireland.org/2012/campaigns/insurance/quick-poll-how-many-motorcycles-do-you-own/

Thanks in advance :-)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭amacca

done!

tks to you carsqhere.....would love if more of them offered reasonable multibike....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

Job done. 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭zapata

Done. 1.
    Would it be a good time to mention 6 wheeler insurance - bike and car combined? Seems available in UK but not widespread here.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭carsQhere

zapata wrote: »
    Done. 1.
    Would it be a good time to mention 6 wheeler insurance - bike and car combined? Seems available in UK but not widespread here.

There was a post on it, google mag ireland six wheel policy?

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭honeybadger

think aon are starting to offer it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭The Don

Done.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

Nice! My bike insurance is up soon, so I'll have to talk with Axa. I'm paying over 900 euro a year for a car which only does about 500km a year. Don't get me started on tax!! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

Done.

However, you do ask here how many bikes we ride on the road whereas your survey question is 'how many bikes do you own?'. The survey question is more indicative of pent-up demand for insurance companies whereas the question posed here would be potentially leading to a squeeze on margins.

I have 2 electric mopeds that, if I had the chance to use both, I would insure for say 1.5 times a normal policy. As it stands, its too high to just insure one as a summer ride. I would probably add a KMX to the bikes if a policy allowed.

I'm sure there's others here that want to add bikes but don't currently own 'em as its a waste of time under current rules.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Done. 4

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭txpjl

done 2

• Advertisement

An Ri rua wrote: »
    Done.

However, you do ask here how many bikes we ride on the road whereas your survey question is 'how many bikes do you own?'. The survey question is more indicative of pent-up demand for insurance companies whereas the question posed here would be potentially leading to a squeeze on margins.

Fair point. However, on the MAG web site post with the poll, it says "It must be road legal – i.e. You have to be able to ride it on the roads, so no competition-only bikes, race bikes, motocrossers, show bikes or the like unless they are road legal."

In the OP I just paraphrased that.

419 Votes as of Sunday 5th Feb, breakdown as follows;

One (24%, 100 Votes)
    Two (40%, 166 Votes)
    Three (19%, 81 Votes)
    Four (7%, 28 Votes)
    Five (3%, 13 Votes)
    Six (2%, 10 Votes)
    Seven (1%, 6 Votes)
    Eight (1%, 3 Votes)
    Nine (1%, 3 Votes)
    Ten or more (2%, 9 Votes)

Thanks for the input :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

K. Mag chap. According to Adelaide, they where told off the Rsa not to insure a person for 5 years after conviction. What's that about cos Quinn and aon will insure me. Carole Nash is, wont insure someone until 2 years after conviction.
    2 years and 5 years is a bit out. What's the story

seanybiker wrote: »
    K. Mag chap. According to Adelaide, they where told off the Rsa not to insure a person for 5 years after conviction. What's that about cos Quinn and aon will insure me. Carole Nash is, wont insure someone until 2 years after conviction.
    2 years and 5 years is a bit out. What's the story

Insurance companies are a law unto themselves. Whether & when they insure someone post conviction is entirely a commercial decision on their part and nothing whatsoever to do with the RSA. If Adelaide told you different you were being fobbed off. Basically, they don't want your business. What do the terms and conditions on their web site say?

Advertisement