Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blackberry or IPhone 4

Options
  • 28-01-2012 7:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hi I want to get a new phone and im in descisions between an Iphone 4 not 4s and a BlackBerry Bold 9780.I don't like android so i want one of these 2.
    I want the phone for A LOT of texting and it will be on prepay.I want to listen to music on it and I like to take pictures.Also the BBM would be important to me as I know a lot of people with BlackBerrys.The iPhone would be good as I like the apps and games.Id be used to the keyboardas I have one of the old iPod Touch 1st gens.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭gunnerfitzy

You should also consider the BB 9860. full touch screen blackberry. I moved to that from iphone 4 and am happy out with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Seems you already made your mind up OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭love that turbo

iPhone 4 whould be my choice between them two

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭LH2011

You should also consider the BB 9860. full touch screen blackberry. I moved to that from iphone 4 and am happy out with it.

i have all three, the 9780, 9860, and iphone 4..

iphone 4 wins hands down, more apps, banking apps, etc that are not on blackberry.

blackberries are ok, and the 9780 is great, excellent battery life, not too big,
    the 9860 the touch screen is not as fluid as the iphone 4 but its ok all the same...

if you want to use apps such as ulsterbank app, bord gais app , etc go with the iphone 4 as they are not available on blackberry, and the blackberry is very sparce on apps, and a good lot of the apps on blackberry are paid apps...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

LH2011 wrote: »
    i have all three, the 9780, 9860, and iphone 4..

iphone 4 wins hands down, more apps, banking apps, etc that are not on blackberry.

blackberries are ok, and the 9780 is great, excellent battery life, not too big,
    the 9860 the touch screen is not as fluid as the iphone 4 but its ok all the same...

if you want to use apps such as ulsterbank app, bord gais app , etc go with the iphone 4 as they are not available on blackberry, and the blackberry is very sparce on apps, and a good lot of the apps on blackberry are paid apps...

The iPhone 4 would be more comparable with the 9860/9900 which are excellent phones but they are both very different beasts. If you like your games, music and films then the larger iPhone 4 screen would be better. If you just want the larger touch screen and dont use games then the 9860 is a great device, and if you need to get things done, like a physical keyboard and dont play games then the 9900 BlackBerry is the business.

BlackBerry may be sparse on apps but it still has a good choice. What do you use?

I use my 9900 with an iPod touch 4G and they're a great combination for me. Although since getting a PlayBook I've used the iPod touch less and less now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭LH2011

cookie1977 wrote: »
    The iPhone 4 would be more comparable with the 9860/9900 which are excellent phones but they are both very different beasts. If you like your games, music and films then the larger iPhone 4 screen would be better. If you just want the larger touch screen and dont use games then the 9860 is a great device, and if you need to get things done, like a physical keyboard and dont play games then the 9900 BlackBerry is the business.

BlackBerry may be sparse on apps but it still has a good choice. What do you use?

I use my 9900 with an iPod touch 4G and they're a great combination for me. Although since getting a PlayBook I've used the iPod touch less and less now.

playbook, 9860, iphone 4 , 9780

its a pain that netflicks does not work with the playbook..

i am surprised that after all the years, the blackberry app store is still crap compared to the apple app store, that is their downfall really, if i had to chose one though, it would be the iphone 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭M three

Hi,
    Moving from a BB curve 8520 to i phone 4s. The easiest eay to transfer contacts, calender infor etc I'm told is to sync to my outlook by using the blackberry desktop manager.
    problem is when i go to sync the calender, address book etc i only have 2 applications for syncing - ASCII importer/exporter and Yahoo!
    No sign of outlook.
    Sorry if this is in the wrong thread but I'd appreciate help from someone who has gone through this and knows what to do.
    Thanks

Why not sync to a gmail account from the BB820 then sync the gmail account with the iPhone

Why not sync to a gmail account from the BB820 then sync the gmail account with the iPhone

Thanks Cookie.

Would rather not to have to set up a gmail account if possible.
    Being able to link my calender and contacts from my blackberry to my outlook is something I'd hope blackberry desktop manager could handle

what version of desktop manager and outlook have you. is it 64 bit outlook?

• Advertisement

BDM version is 5.0.0
    Outlook is 2007, system type is x86, system directory is system 32

Thanks Cookie, appreciate the help

go to www.blackberry.com and download the latest version (6) and test it out

go to www.blackberry.com and download the latest version (6) and test it out

Thanks a million Cookie.
    Upgrade to ver 6 from 5 gave me the option to use outlook for syncing.
    Save me a load of hassle

you're welcome

Advertisement