Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2008 Blossom Hill Chardonnay

Options
  • 28-01-2012 3:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭

I'm staying with relatives & they have a bottle of this in the fridge that has been there a very long them.

It says 'best drunk young' or something like that on the bottle.

Is it still drinkable? I have an alternative bottle but would rather not be rude and not drink theirs. Its a screw cap.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,776 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

The wine is only going to be about 3.5 years old so should be fine. Chardonnay can be aged successfully if it's a heavier, acidic wine but this tends to apply to French Chardonnays rather than New World.

You might as well taste it and see anyway as it's unlikely to get any better. Have the alternative ready just in case. If need be you could always dump the Blossom Hill and decant the alternative into the bottle so your relatives need not know. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Slaphead07

Annani wrote: »
    I'm staying with relatives & they have a bottle of this in the fridge that has been there a very long them.

It says 'best drunk young' or something like that on the bottle.

Is it still drinkable? I have an alternative bottle but would rather not be rude and not drink theirs. Its a screw cap.

White wine will generally last 5 -6 years but... that wine should have been drunk when purchased (or thereabouts) and if it's been in the fridge for a very long time then t will have a developed an unpleasant metallic taste too. Wine should only go in the fridge if you intend to drink it soon.

Advertisement