Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancelling bank account

Options
  • 28-01-2012 10:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭

Hello,
    I opened an Ulster student account.. and haven't used in a long while (withdraw & deposit). I just got a statement with some duty tax stuff...
    Should I just ignore it or cancel it?
    How'd I cancel it, do I go there in person or call them or do I have to give them some notice?
    Thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

You can drop them a letter to close the account - ignoring it won't make it vanish ;). You'll need to clear what's owed before closure.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Eman_321

BuffyBot wrote: »
    You can drop them a letter to close the account - ignoring it won't make it vanish ;). You'll need to clear what's owed before closure.

I actually have to send a letter? :( :eek:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

BuffyBot wrote: »
    You can drop them a letter to close the account

Would a digitally signed email work?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

No, a simple letter or five mins in any branch.

Or ask them to post the form out and send it back.

Ignoring it will just mean it will keep going and build up a small debt etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Eman_321

No, a simple letter or five mins in any branch.

Or ask them to post the form out and send it back.

Ignoring it will just mean it will keep going and build up a small debt etc.

Sounds OK then. Thanks for your time and helps lads :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement