Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Foyle Valley pics

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

Sadly all those pics are from many years ago and the museum is almost beyond the point of no return now. Those in authority at Derry City Council and the Northern Ireland Tourist Board have a lot to answer for. Derry - Londonderry City of Culture 2013 my hole! http://www.cityofculture2013.com

This sort of thing http://www.rte.ie/news/2011/1012/derry.html is what Derry has become synonymous with for decades now and I don't see that about to change. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,309 ✭✭✭dowlingm

RTE Snooze wrote:
    It is the second time that the office has been targeted after a pipe bomb planted by dissident republicans in January caused minor damage to the building.

Derry's winning of the UK City of Culture title has secured cross-community support in Northern Ireland.
    An interesting use of cross-community, to be sure. It's always intrigued me that official nationalism (which used to be SDLP but now includes SF) hasn't done more about the security situation on the Enterprise route since disruptions to a service which officially links the two bits of the island would be a no-no you'd think.

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭J Cheever Loophole

dowlingm wrote: »
    It's always intrigued me that official nationalism (which used to be SDLP but now includes SF) hasn't done more about the security situation on the Enterprise route since disruptions to a service which officially links the two bits of the island would be a no-no you'd think.

Have you something in mind?

Advertisement