Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3d Model of can 500 ml Can for photoshop

Options
  • 27-01-2012 10:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Hi there,
    I am doing a project for college. I am making a label for a can, all is well on the graphics side of things.

The only problem is that I want to wrap my label around a model of a can, so I can show off all the sides of it.

I can't seem to find any free ones online . I have experience with solidworks, so making one would'nt be a big deal. I am using a mac so I can't. So what I am asking in short.

- Would anyone know of a free 3d model of a can
    - Or software that I can use to make one with the over all object being ported into photoshop so i can wrap my label around it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,754 ✭✭✭✭Encrypted Pigeon

Well if your are using photoshop only you could get a generic can and just wrap the image essentially faking it.

Or software that I can use to make one with the over all object being ported into photoshop so i can wrap my label around it.

Actually you would be doing the opposite, generally you would make a model, unwrap its skin as such, export to PS, paint it up and then reattach it to the model and then render the image or animate, whatever in which case I would be recommending Blender (blender.org) simply because I love it :p and more importantly its free, however the downside to it is that there is a steep learning curve involved if you are not familiar with.

You can get blender models at http://www.blendswap.com/blends/misc-objects/coke-and-pepsi-pop-cans/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Ccgd

Thanks for your reply. I was starting to worry there for a little bit. Really detailed helpful post, I am going to go with taking a crack at blender. There is no time like the present :).
    Cheers again.

Advertisement