Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BBC Radio + Sporting Rights + Tunein Radio

Options
  • 27-01-2012 6:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭

Discovered by accident anybody who has tunein Radio on their smartphone can get over the bbc not having sporting rights on the Internet.The default setting for the stream is windows, just go to choose stream on tunein and choose AAC stream instead, and off you go with your soccer, cricket, tennis, Formula 1, American Sports on five live , five live sports extra. :D:D:D:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,646 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Not completely on topic, but I am able to listen to the live game this evening on 5 Live for some reason. Anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭decies

Yes they must have forgot to flick the switch lol, the five live sports extra match was blocked.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,646 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

decies wrote: »
    Yes they must have forgot to flick the switch lol, the five live sports extra match was blocked.
    At first I thought I had expat shield on but checked and I didn't. First time in a while that I got the whole game - they normally remember to switch it at half time at the latest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

That's weird because I tried listening to Talk sport commentary of premeriship games on TuneIn on the iphone and it had a recording playing during the match that said that because of rights restrictions, commentary was't available.

i.e. because it's over the internet, they'd be broadcasting to the world.

But you can listen to the BBC?

Edit:Sorry I reread your post and you said that it requires a change of settings. That explains it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

Where would I be without Tunein!

Took me a while to work out the "choose stream" thing for blocked content.

I'm loving the NFL coverage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

How do you do it on the iphone? I went in to setting and the AAC is already on.

But talksport doesn't broadcast match commentary for the games. There's a recording played instead saying that because of rights restrictions, the commentary can't be played.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

well... on my Android, on the top right of the screen there is three icons, a heart / an envelope & 3 horizontal lines, hit this icon....

Menu shows up -> choose stream (if an anternate stream is available).

Some channels/shows may not have alternate streams, if there is none, your out of luck.

BBC content tends to have 3 streams available I notice.

Yep just one stream for talksport so the matches are blocked.

bump the acc streams for BBC 5live are working for any platform :)

• Advertisement

The tune in app acc feeds on five live and five live sports extra stuttering badly , mind you they are working perfectly on grab radio app , go figure. But the tune in web page of those feeds seems ok, on the tune in app click view web page for above feeds.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭jabarrett35

The 2nd test is blocked today on Tunein radio. It was available last week for the 1st test. Real pain!

See thread just below this one!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭carlcon

I came across this thread while googling for a solution to this problem. I went through 10 pages on this forum and found nothing else, so forgive me for bumping an old topic.

Has anyone found a sure-fire way to get around the restrictions when using TuneIn, or any other app for that matter?

I have no problem using my laptop thanks to ExPatShield, but I'm looking to listen in on my phone while living in America. I didn't quite understand all the solutions above, but I did find 3 different streams, all of which failed.

5 months since the last post... anyone find anything useful?

In short: I want to listen to the football and all the pro football chat on BBC R5L on my android phone from the USA.

VPN express app works well with tune in , the secret is turn it on select five live stream that works , then turn VPN off on your settings and yet it still works ,solved!!

Advertisement