Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iphone power problem

Options
  • 27-01-2012 12:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭

Few months back my iphone 3gs started switching off and starting back up again. Like an auto soft reset. I paid no attention to it, its happened before with phones ive had previous.
    Few months later (just after ios5 came out) it starts doing it around 30-40% but this time wont switch on nearly at all unless i plug it into a charger. A bit annoying so i figured out that i had to do a full reset of the phone which i did but had the same problem happening after a few days.

Now its deciding to turn off whenever its in some sort of moderate use. Reloading a webpage, sending/recieving a text etc. I have a feeling its kind of linked to the antenna or something else as whenever it switches it back on (when its above 60ish%) it sometimes crashes again when then network status changes from searching to a single blip.

Has anyone come across this issue before or can shed some light on what i could try replacing to see if it sorts the problem?
    Ive read a few fixit guides and would take a stab at replacing the battery, if that is the cause.

thanks guys.

Advertisement