Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Don't buy iPhone 4s off meteor

Options
  • 26-01-2012 6:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭

I have a an iPhone 4s which I got free from meteor under a 24 month contract. Great new or is it..

My phone drops call won't send texts and can't connect to calls. Sent the phone away for repair to apple twice got a new phone twice still same issue meteor are not going to allow me out of contract nor will they give me a android phone.

They want me to turn on airplane mode on and off before makin calls and stating its not a coverage nor phone fault. It's just the way they were made. So they can't allow me out or give me a different phone got onto comreg they told comreg the same so my next step is small claims court

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭TBi

I think there might be an issue with the meteor coverage in your area. Considering that millions of iPhones have been sold and you are in the small minority that see a problem, it's possibly not the phone at fault.

Is this your first meteor phone? Have you tried other phones with the same sim card?

Don't blame the phone until you find the root cause. If you can undeniably prove it's the phone then grand, but until then don't give iPhone a bad name because you have some coverage issues.

I have many friends with iPhones who have no issues on multiple networks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭Cork24

Point I am really trying to make is meteor is telling me its not a fault with its network or with the hand set its the way it was made their telling me that apple to save on power set the phone to search for a service ever 20mins or so where other phones search every 5 to 10 seconds that's we're the problem of the call dropping is coming from on to stop this just turn off and on airplane mode

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Jagle

Cork24 wrote: »
    Point I am really trying to make is meteor is telling me its not a fault with its network or with the hand set its the way it was made their telling me that apple to save on power set the phone to search for a service ever 20mins or so where other phones search every 5 to 10 seconds that's we're the problem of the call dropping is coming from on to stop this just turn off and on airplane mode

riiight you do know meteor are talking bs to you, and i mean that just sounds like the biggest load of horse manure

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement