Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Asus Eee Transformer tablet - GPS won't work

Options
  • 26-01-2012 4:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,921 ✭✭✭✭

I hope this is in the right place....

I've an Asus Eee Transformer tablet. The maps app was pre-installed, and opens no problem. But it can't seem to find my location.

I've gone into the settings and enabled the GPS functions.

Anyone any idea what might be going wrong? Am I missing something obvious?

TIA for any help! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭Eoin247

It's well known at this stage that the ATP has GPS and in some cases WiFi Issues. Unfortunately from what i've heard it's rampant on all ATPs, they might fix it with updates in the future but for now you can't really do anything about it i'm afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,921 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

And I was hoping that it's just 'cos I was stupid!

Just one question - when you say ATP, do you mean Asus Transformer Prime? As I think mine is the previous one - it's at least six months old.... do they have the same issues?

Thanks anyway for the heads up.

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭Eoin247

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    And I was hoping that it's just 'cos I was stupid!

Just one question - when you say ATP, do you mean Asus Transformer Prime? As I think mine is the previous one - it's at least six months old.... do they have the same issues?

Thanks anyway for the heads up.

Ah yes, i was reffering to the newest prime version. I thought that was what you had bought. I'm not too sure about the original transformer tablet but i haven't heard anything about gps problems on them.

Advertisement