Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tescomobile Customer Service - joke

Options
  • 26-01-2012 4:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

I've seen that Tesco Mobile monitor these forums so I thought that I'd try and get some satisfaction via this route.

So far their customer service has been abysmal (which btw was why I was leaving O2 in the first place)!

Received "SIM only" at beginning of Jan. Filled in the porting form online.

13/1/12
    Got a message from Tesco regarding porting number over.
    They were looking for my O2 account number. I didn’t put it on their web form (it wasn’t mandatory) as the O2 web site was down.
    I checked again and gave it to them on the phone.

While talking to them the line was disconnected but as she had received my O2 a/c number, I waited to see if she'd call me back. . . nope.

No problem, I expected that she'd get the porting done anyway.

20/1/12 Heard nothing so left a message online.

21/1/12
    Got an email said she’d call the following afternoon – she didn’t!

23/1/12 Sent another mail

Asked if perhaps they were trying to contact me on the new Tesco number
    as I clearly am not using that number yet (as Tesco are the only ones that know it)!

Gave them my old O2 number in the mail (which, of course, they already had)

25/1/12
    No word, so left another message.
    Got call this morning (09:00) while I was driving.
    She said she’ll call back in 1 hour (10:00)

As of now there's still no word.

Absolutely unbelievably crap - I wish I was back in O2!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭Tesco Mobile: Paul

LiamMach wrote: »
    I've seen that Tesco Mobile monitor these forums so I thought that I'd try and get some satisfaction via this route.

So far their customer service has been abysmal (which btw was why I was leaving O2 in the first place)!

Received "SIM only" at beginning of Jan. Filled in the porting form online.

13/1/12
    Got a message from Tesco regarding porting number over.
    They were looking for my O2 account number. I didn’t put it on their web form (it wasn’t mandatory) as the O2 web site was down.
    I checked again and gave it to them on the phone.

While talking to them the line was disconnected but as she had received my O2 a/c number, I waited to see if she'd call me back. . . nope.

No problem, I expected that she'd get the porting done anyway.

20/1/12 Heard nothing so left a message online.

21/1/12
    Got an email said she’d call the following afternoon – she didn’t!

23/1/12 Sent another mail

Asked if perhaps they were trying to contact me on the new Tesco number
    as I clearly am not using that number yet (as Tesco are the only ones that know it)!

Gave them my old O2 number in the mail (which, of course, they already had)

25/1/12
    No word, so left another message.
    Got call this morning (09:00) while I was driving.
    She said she’ll call back in 1 hour (10:00)

As of now there's still no word.

Absolutely unbelievably crap - I wish I was back in O2!!

Hi Liam

PM sent there.

regards
    Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Intouch9

Tesco mobile customer care is run by O2 - within their contact centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

It couldnt be the same staff, the tesco mobile staff I encountered were much nicer than o2, or maybe they have a lot less work to do!

I have only called the phone line 3 times for little things on pay as you go and sent 2 requests by contact form online, but the things were sorted really quickly.

One poor tesco rep went through how to input mms and wap settings with my moth in law, step by step, even I wouldn't do that.

• Subscribers Posts: 342 ✭✭NicsM

OP, Tesco Mobile don't "monitor" the forums-they have a verified representative account to answer questions and provide customer service. Hopefully you get sorted :)

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭grasshopper31

I moved over to Tesco Nov last year, have had to ring cust service on a few occassions - never had a problem, my query was always dealt with promptly and efficiently... recently changed my Dad's phone over too and had no probs with cust service porting over.. in fact it was done in about 40 mins...
    Have to say, ive no complaints :)
    Paul - the tesco rep is very helpful :)

O P --- hope you get sorted soon

• Advertisement

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    It couldnt be the same staff, the tesco mobile staff I encountered were much nicer than o2, or maybe they have a lot less work to do!

I have only called the phone line 3 times for little things on pay as you go and sent 2 requests by contact form online, but the things were sorted really quickly.

One poor tesco rep went through how to input mms and wap settings with my moth in law, step by step, even I wouldn't do that.

Deffo the same staff, a friend of mine temped there for a while.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,839 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

I had to deal with Tesco Mobile a couple of times over Christmas for my mother, and i couldn't get over how helpful they were.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 LiamMach

Paul was very helpful. He got supervisor to contact me pretty quickly.
    They're still working on it (have some technical issues apparently).

I asked her if they're the same customer service as O2 and she said not, although she admitted they are in the same location, so I guess it's a moot point.

I'll post again when all is sorted. . .

I asked her if they're the same customer service as O2 and she said not, although she admitted they are in the same location, so I guess it's a moot point.

Thanks Liam, yes we are having some slow porting issues since yesterday. Will keep an eye on it.

regards
    Paul

Yeah, they're in the O2 Customer Care building in Limerick, sitting in an open plan office and took agents from O2 as well. They're just operating seperately. But you can be assured that its the same canteen, same resource management team, quality team etc...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,866 ✭✭✭gipi

I ported to Tesco PAYG from Vodafone billpay earlier this week, and just thought I'd comment on my experience here.

Filled out the online porting form on Monday.
    Got a phone call from the Tesco mobile rep on Wednesday at approx 2pm.
    Was ported by the time I got home that evening at 6pm!

Can't say fairer than that - thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 32 exterminator447

Thanks Liam, yes we are having some slow porting issues since yesterday. Will keep an eye on it.

regards
    Paul

Hi Paul

Just wondering if there is still a problem with porting issues with Tesco mobile

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 LiamMach

Porting has finally been done.
    Thanks again for your help Paul.

(BTW: on the customer care question, the supervisor has an O2 email address).

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Max Power 2010

Porting has finally been done.
    Thanks again for your help Paul.

(BTW: on the customer care question, the supervisor has an O2 email address).

Not surprised!

Hi Paul

Just wondering if there is still a problem with porting issues with Tesco mobile

There as up until about 3pm today but should be clear now.

regards
    Paul

Advertisement